Ideas for a "More Realistic Experience" in Second Life

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Give it up. Who shops like that?

200w.webp

During weekend sales, I teleport a ton. Yes, I use Seraphim, but between FLF, sometimes Sat Sale, Happy Weekend, SoKawaiiSundays, Wanderlust, Manly Weekend, TMD Weekend, SL Home Decor, and occasionally Ebento Weekend, my butt is zipping all over the place grabbing demos, heading home, trying them on, heading back, and buying things.

I do that much less frequently during the week, though.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

200w.webp

During weekend sales, I teleport a ton. Yes, I use Seraphim, but between FLF, sometimes Sat Sale, Happy Weekend, SoKawaiiSundays, Wanderlust, Manly Weekend, TMD Weekend, SL Home Decor, and occasionally Ebento Weekend, my butt is zipping all over the place grabbing demos, heading home, trying them on, heading back, and buying things.

I tend to break the sales up over a couple days and lately have started demo'ing the products right in the store as it quicker and more efficient. When the Saturday sales first started up, I used to see the stores being busy but lately less and less so except for a few of the more popular items. It is not that unusual for me to see some stores being empty other than myself, so I suspect people are becoming much more selective in general.

Any case the OP asked for things that would add realism so it is just an idea that some detractors needn't worry and get themselves in a snit over as it is highly unlikely the Lab would consider anything a resident might suggest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

200w.webp

I've already exceeded the 15 limit today checking out Halloween regions and some shopping I missed over the weekend.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I tend to break the sales up over a couple days and lately have started demo'ing the products right in the store as it quicker and more efficient.

I wish I could do that, but I usually shop for a bunch of different avatars at once (oh that would look great on this one, and that would look so cute on that one, etc.), so I just grab and take everything home so I'm not constantly swapping my entire appearance and digging out matching items to test demos with right in the store.

And yeah, many stores are empty, even during the sale weekend. Also, if you haven't looked during the week, some stores keep their weekend sales out for days and days - so you definitely don't need to squish it all into one day. Agree!

Even if it were implemented though, I highly doubt a teleport tax would affect me much. I'd just stretch the shopping out longer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to think of anything I would even jokingly want for more realism...

Nope, nothing.

/me straps on a parachute, TPs to 6000 and jumps, dying 5 times on the way down because I hit 5 random platforms before deploying the chute.  Landing hard enough to turn into a puddle, and morphing into a winged goat before galloping off the edge of a cliff and morphing once more into a mermaid with a wolf's head and swimming off into the sunset to find myself TP'd home because I hit a security orb.

Even as a joke, I did not come here to relive the limits of first life.  

Flipping her Medusa hair out of her eyes, she snorts and slithers off mumbling, "Screw all that realism stuff."

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Another idea for realism: Profiles that automatically have a link to our latest forum rants. That way some of us won't need to worry that we'd actually be approached for a social exchange :ph34r:

It would probably be pretty easy to create a HUD that automatically opened a browser to people's posts on the forums, it may have already been done but I'm too lazy to look on the marketplace 🦥 I think a lot of people use alts for the forums though, which is a smart thing to do for sure, but once again I have been too lazy to do this for myself. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

"Screw all that realism stuff."

This. 100 times.
I mean, nobody complains that they are able to dance the night away in SL without extra pills or getting tired. A lot don't even mind if there is no music stream at a dance party.

I miss the RL single socks vanishing unexplained into thin air occasionally though.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

"realism"

Alternatively, if two avatars teleport at the same time and accidently take some alien flora with them, they could be merged into one avatar.

The dangers of teleportation needs to be addressed, especially if we have a captain that will murder crew members.

Edited by Istelathis
Mah head is broken
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm trying to think of anything I would even jokingly want for more realism...

Nope, nothing.

/me straps on a parachute, TPs to 6000 and jumps, dying 5 times on the way down because I hit 5 random platforms before deploying the chute.  Landing hard enough to turn into a puddle, and morphing into a winged goat before galloping off the edge of a cliff and morphing once more into a mermaid with a wolf's head and swimming off into the sunset to find myself TP'd home because I hit a security orb.

Flipping her Medusa hair out of her eyes, she snorts and slithers off mumbling, "Screw all that realism stuff."

Ironically, your description of falling sounds like a RL cartoon! (That is, a cartoon you'd watch in RL.)

I'd hope you know by now, that most suggestions in this thread are not meant to be serious!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Alternatively, if two avatars teleport at the same time and accidently take some alien flora with them, they could be merged into one avatar.

The dangers of teleportation needs to be addressed, especially if we have a captain that will murder crew members.

"Star Trek: Lower Decks" did a version of the same scenario a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Despite the weeping and gnashing of teeth, and hyperbolic rageposts, if we make it to10 pages without "intervention" I will consider this topic / thread to have been a smashing success.

Don't tempt the gods.... eh mods.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm just glad that if my avatar does eat that cupcake I was looking at the other day that I don't have to go up a clothing size.

- Require avatars to dance or "work out" (or optionally, possibly Slex) so they don't get obese!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.