Ex girlfriend on SL help advice needed

ipaddi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, new to SL but my ex has been on here for ages, she created my account and I have started using and enjoying it. However she kind of knows when I'm about and stalks me to a point of getting annoyed of it. I don't want to quit as there are some really good places to visit and enjoy. I have blocked her and removed myself from the search engine but she knows my username and hunts me down. I have changed display name, but username can still be seen by other users. Would I be able to keep my stuff if I created an alt or is there another option open to me?
Many thanks in advance, and to all the script writers and builders well done .

You can only transfer items that have transfer permissions.

My advice: Either mute her and stay away from the places that she frequents or just create a new account.

ETA: Is this account registered to her RL name or to yours? If to hers, you're really not supposed to use it, anyway.

No, she wouldn't, unless someone told her. She might be able to get your IP through various means and make a guess, but that's not a fool-proof method of alt detection.

Yes, if you create another avatar it will be linked to your main account. Just log out of secondlife.com, hit the Join link, and use the same contact info, etc.

ya also watch the groups as well..especially if you have land..

going to the same places and using say the same gestures  in the same way and you will stick out as your main like a sore thumb..

to be honest..drama will fade and she will at some point get bored with it..you could just live it out and not do all the hiding..

i understand if you want to get away from her..just use the alt for that ..let her get bored with the main and when she does..you can get back to normal on it..

all i'm saying is..it sucks having to feel liek you have to hide is all..

i've had some pretty bad drama brought on me.. but i told myself when i made my avatar that it's gonna live with what happens to it ..good or bad..

so far the good and bad all come and go..it just takes time is all..just don't give them the satisfaction that they are having an effect on you and they will all fade away in time..

so many times i wanted to break my promise to myself and make an alt to hide..but i'm glade i didn't..

i did make one at one point..but it was out of boredom and feeling like making another look..now she is just a prim model  for when i make prim clothes..

crap i hope she isn't listening :P

whatever you decide is what will be best for you..it's all about finding your place and escape..sometimes i am sure there are some that are just that irritating that we have to  just get away from..

i hope i never find one of those types lol

Tell her to leave you alone, mute her and if she still bothers you AR her. You shouldn't have to create an alt just so someone leaves you alone.

If she is hunting you down after you mute her and remove her from your friends list she might be using some means that breaks the TOS to find you. If it keeps happening AR her and make it clear to LL she is stalking you.

Tolya Ugajin wrote:

Yes, create a new account and start over.

Or, mute her and I think you can also derender her if you run into her.

Ain't it great that SL has all the same BS problems as RL?

How bout the same SL solutions for RL? How close are we to a combination DeRender/E-Z button? Maybe a remote I can hang on my keychain? C'mon don't give me no bad news! :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.