Child Avatars

Bactine
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marigold Devin wrote:

[...] or they insult me because I have ginger hair [...]

I honestly think that's just jealousy... never did understand what folks over there have against red hair... IMO it's one of the single most attractive features someone can have by itself.

OR!!

there are a lot of red headed step children in sl that are all grown upnow and here to escape the memories of being a red headed step child? Oo

Well it's possible :P

Bactine wrote:

<clipped>Being that I have a child avatar, I have first hand experienced people's reactions against child avatars.
I've been called creepy for whatever reason I dont know why because its just another avatar in SL.
<clipped>

Just a PS - an afterthought really. I've since looked at your inworld profile. Is it as Bactine that you have a child avatar?

Marianne McCann wrote:

Really? Do we need yet another child avatar thread? Isn't this particular amaretto horse already a flattened sculpt?

::steps out::

Hi Marianne.  I was actually thinking of your avatar when I got ready to compose a reply to the OP.

@ Bactine.  Marianne plays a child avatar in SL, and her avatar is not "creepy"  She looks, dresses, and acts like a child.  I recently spotted her at the SL Machinima Festival, where her nicely-done Machinima was one that was shown. 

I'm not creeped-out by Marianne's avatar, as she has done an great job of creating a child persona. and playing it in SL.  She even has a RL picture of herself (as a child) on her SL inworld profile.  (Which I think she has closely modeled her SL avatar from this RL image and has done excellent in the recreation)

Now, if I see a miniature sexualized avatar wearing adult looking clothing and saying that they are a "child", then yes, that is going to raise an eyebrow with me, as, they have contradicting elements of adult/child. 

Part of being a child avatar is being true to the "child" part.   In RL children do not do, or go, and say things that adults do.  So, I'd recommend getting a good avatar that actually looks like a child.  (not a shrunken adult)  Stay away from sexy clothing, actually play SL as if you were a child.   Behave appropriately to the role that you wish to play, and you'll do fine.

Void Singer wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

[...] or they insult me because I have ginger hair [...]

I honestly think that's just jealousy... never did understand what folks over there have against red hair... IMO it's one of the single most attractive features someone can have by itself.

/me breaks her self imposed boycott on even going anywhere near to "ZOMG! Child avatar drama!" threads to say:

"Damn straight!"

Still, at least people have been sensible enough to avoid starting organised anti ginger drama. There's not many people who are that brave! :smileywink:

redhead.jpg

Suella Ember wrote:

Still, at least people have been sensible enough to avoid starting organised anti ginger drama.

Why would anyone start and anti-ginger drama? I like ginger. It's my favouriote steamed pudding but then Heinz discontinued their tinned product, much to my regret :(

Phil Deakins wrote:

Suella Ember wrote:

Still, at least people have been sensible enough to avoid starting organised anti ginger drama.

Why would anyone start and anti-ginger drama? I like ginger. It's my favouriote steamed pudding but then Heinz discontinued their tinned product, much to my regret
:(

McVities Jamaican Ginger Cake is better!

Being that I have a ginger avatar, I have first hand experienced people's reactions against ginger avatars. I've been called creepy for whatever reason I dont know why because its just another avatar in SL. You could see a bull avatar with HUGE muscles, fangs, standing upright on two feet, and a HUGE prim genitalia and that doesnt even phase you but a ginger avatar creeps you out? Seriously? I've also been called a weirdo which doesnt even make sense at all. I'm the ginger not a blonde looking to steal a dark-haired avatar's hair dye.

For some strange reason, alot of people in SL still believe that ginger avatars are only allowed in pg/g rated sims, so if I go into a mature welcome area there will be people telling me to leave because its mature but its linden owned land and the lindens allow ginger avatars there. I do try and stick with pg/g sims MOST of the time and have come accross some pg/g sims that dont allow ginger avatars. Its ok for a 16 year old to be there, but not a 27 year old to be there just because they are ginger. Yeah.... makes sense..... pffff

Saturday, saturday, everyone loves Saturday :matte-motes-asleep-2:

Suella Ember wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Ginger nuts!

Wait! What?!

Are you saying that Phil is a fellow ginger and that his carpet matches the drapes?!

:smileyindifferent:

Well, I haven't yet managed to get any photographic evidence of this, but it's fun watching him from behind the bushes. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Archived