suggested features

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I am maybe  asking for the already included feature in the full version, but here goes

Can we have the ability to edit display names?

And when I change the sky to my favourite, it goes back to default again on elog, it reatins in Phoenix.

Firestorm messes up my gestures as well.

But it's a fantastic viewer great grraphics and very little lag. 

You can edit display names. Once a week. That is the limitation. I don't know where you edit the display name - I don't use or show them - since I prefer to relate to peoples user/account names.

Windlight settings are reset to default on logging in with the viewer. It is possible to change the default to you own settings, but it is a bit cumbersome. Search the wiki for a video from Torley Linden with instructions on how to change it.

- Luc -

Luc, that video in your sig, well I couldn't understand half of what they were saying? 

A very interesting fact, my family uses the translation device on our TV when watching anything British.  If you didn't, we wouldn't have a clue what was being said in the movie; we'd miss half the dialogue, not to mention how funny some of the translation can be.

I remember watching Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator and we decided to put it on translation.  The automatic translator didn't have a clue what Charlie Chaplin was saying at some points in the film and it was so roll on the floor funny we had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard as the translator was trying to decifer the jibberish of Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator.

To address the OP:  You change your name under the edit button of your profile in the SL viewer (that's how one does it on v2 anyhow). 

Mayalily wrote:

Luc, that video in your sig, well I couldn't understand half of what they were saying? 

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess British street slang can be a bit of a challenge, and a parody of it that much more of a challenge.

I wish I could have seen the Chaplin film using the translator you mention. It sounds like a lot of fun.

- Luc -

if there is a setting for this it would be under preferences and then the firestorm tab and then at the top of that window  click windlight ..

there are settings in there that may help..i never really mess with any of that so i'm not sure if the one you are looking for is there or not..maybe though =)

lol!  True.  I wish I could remember some of the funny translations the translator was trying to decipher from the British slang 'cuz some of it was very funny but I just can't remember right now.   However, that Chaplin film outdid all the funny things I've ever seen translated, and is drop dead funny to say the least.  (and no, I'm not deaf, just used to using the translation 'cuz I love foreign films more than American films.)  However, for British films, we put it on mute, and watch the translation of the words that go along the bottom when watching British films; and then the sound comes through the surround sound speakers.  If you have a set up like that, you should be able to just hit the mute button for translation on any film, and then the sound will come through the speakers, even if it's an English speaking film. 

• 7 months later...

How about a PANIC / SUPPORT button built into the viewer with the ability to send a notecard or email to support over inworld issues without having to load the web browser - in the event your web site is down and the support portal / live chat is not available. I was having issues today and could not get live chat to load, or to get the web site to load, worked for about half a hour after noticing inworld issues with saving notecards. Received error messages from the asset server unable to save at this time. ... so i then tried calling the office only to get a message to file support requests on the web site (which wasnt loading). Very frustrating. You really need a voice line for support for premium members - or a built in menu button available inworld for support issues............ please add something like this for a added feature in the viewer and perhaps also a easy easy easy method for premium members to contact live chat rather than digging through layers and layers of pages to get a link to the live chat portal. Please - after all you WANT people to be premium members and for me, the SOLE reason I am premium is to get support - IF I Cant reach you, then there's no reason for me to be premium.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.