My avatar needs a new face because changing her nose, lips, face, head etc. ISN'T working!

breatheinOctober

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatars' face is messed up. She has an ape mouth- the skin right above her upper lip is all puffed up. I've changed her nose, head, jaw, lips and neck several times, hoping that something would make her look normal but nothing is working. I'm very frustrated. Is there any way to solve this? Is there anyway to buy a new head or face or something?

3 answers to this question

You can buy a complete new shape for an avatar at a shape shop. There are many in SL. There are often free shapes given away in hunts, so that is an easy way to try out a new look. I am guessing there are free or low cost shapes on the marketplace. If the shape you buy is MOD you can look at the numbers for your body (torso length, hand size etc.), copy them down carefully and modify a COPY of the shape your purchased, giving you a familiar body shape with a different face.

You can also use shapes from the library, if those are available to you. Look under "My Outfits". I think there are shapes there. I deleted those entries long ago as I had no use for them. YET another choice would be to make a new avatar starting from scratch.

Create > New Body Part > New Shape (in my viewer). This gives you a fairly good looking avatar and you can play with the sliders from there.

Note -- when you make changes it is always good to use SAVE AS and make a new name. That way you don't loose your original shape.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Your avatar's appearance is a combination of shape and skin (plus attachments such as hair and what not).  It could be that the troubles you are seeing are because your shape is not working well with your skin.  In addition to Chic's suggestion I will send you a shape or two in world that you can try out and modify.  You can also buy full avatars with shape, skin and hair on the sl market place for not too much money but personally I like developing my own shape over time.

Good luck and welcome to SL and the forums!

• Like 1

Chic and Jessika gave good answers.

It is a good thing to make your own shape. That allows you to make copies of your shape. One can be modified for skin tight dresses. Another can be rump reduced for use with skirts as skirts tend to make your rear look bigger.

Places like Free Dove have free skins and shapes. Many shops in the adult regions have free skin and shapes. Search on Free Skin or Free Shape. Most places that have skin have shapes too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.