Question about forum signatures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well then, since signatures are considered networked advertising (which I didn't know) and since political ads are not allowed on networked advertising, both direct support of a candidate and directing people to visit a campaign headquarters are  forbidden.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added words

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Well then, since signatures are considered networked advertising (which I didn't know) and since political ads are not allowed on networked advertising, both direct support of a candidate and directing people to visit a campaign headquarters are  forbidden.

Thank you everyone for your input.

My mention of signatures being networked advertising is my interpretation of what network advertising is.  Whether LL considers it as such is for them to decide.  They may see it differently.  If they do allow it, there's always our option to turn off signatures on a person to person basis which I'm sure, many will take advantage of.

Always a good idea to know your market when advertising anything.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

there's always our option to turn off signatures on a person to person basis which I'm sure, many will take advantage of.

Oh, I didn't even see that option. Just removed the lime green blight o the forum...thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

there's always our option to turn off signatures on a person to person basis which I'm sure, many will take advantage of.

A great way to avoid seeing people's extreme politics, ads for adult services, confederate flags, links to "dirty pictures", and trolling! 
ETA: ..and favorite Bible verses!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I think all advertising should be banned everywhere, RL and SL.  On pain of death by slow mutilation.  If word-of-mouth isn't good enough, stop making it.

Eliminate advertising and you will have to pay to access the internet.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:01 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Are RL political ads allowed in a forum signature?

Maybe they should be since RL politics offers up an alternative view of reality at least as disconnected from RL as SL is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I think all advertising should be banned everywhere, RL and SL.  On pain of death by slow mutilation.  If word-of-mouth isn't good enough, stop making it.

Advertisement can be information too.
Next week the coffee pads are 1+1 free in the supermarket across the street. Great information to get delivered at my doormat (or mailbox).
Yet another 3 months lasting stash in my shopping cart tomorrow morning.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Advertisement can be information too.
Next week the coffee pads are 1+1 free in the supermarket across the street. Great information to get delivered at my doormat (or mailbox).
Yet another 3 months lasting stash in my shopping cart tomorrow morning.

Agreed. I see internet ads from companies I do business with, which I find helpful when the ads inform me of new products, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Without advertising there would be no reason to watch the Super Bowl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

I watched, uhm, Superbowl 13.  (I am not Roman.)  Now I want to know what "coffee pads" are.

senseo-douwe-egberts-54-aroma-rood-0001_

One pad for one cup of coffee. Always the same strenght, always fresh. Love it.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Oh cool, they stack, so I could fit 3 or 4 of them in a cup! I love that~!

You don't put them in the cup, it needs a special coffee machine.
In NL they are produced by Philips who invented the machine together with the eldest coffee company Douwe Egberts.
It is called Senseo coffee after the first machines.
Several brands produce the pads or machines these days though.
The original Senseo coffee machine:

senseo-original-hd6553-black-0001_1.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Ummm are you logging in at the local McDonald's hot spot?

No but there are many website i use, like You tube, that are free if i watch ads or which I can pay to have ad free, eliminate the ads and the free access with ads option goes away.

• Like 1

Relevant question: does anyone think that if I made a coffee machine that you can stack multiple coffee pads in, would it be okay to advertise it in my signature, provided I included a model expressly made for inworld use, also?

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.