I'm banned from rezzing stuff because the owner of the land does not allow it, and I'm the owner...

Phoenix Haight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The problem is basically this: I bought a parcel of land that's 1024 square meters and have a skybox that I placed, as I thought, dead center. I am now trying to place a couch of mine in said skybox, and I got the following:

Can't rez object at { 47.6305, 225.162, 996.434 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

I own it. How do I set permissions so that I can rez stuff on my own land? Thanking everyone in advance, and sorry if this is an easy question, but my Google Fu has atrophied over time.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

This is a problem with mesh not being seen as the surface you're trying to rez onto. The solution is to place a flat box prim on the floor, rez onto that, and then drag or reposition your furniture where you want it to be.

In my houses I use box prim carpets or tile floors, so I don't have this problem. In my skybox that I made, I use a box prim floor with a mesh box for the walls. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Haight said:

Okay, I'm trying that now, with the weird caveat that I'm also having issues building boxes... but hemispheres were no problem at all. It's a flat surface. I'll report back if this succeeds (though I have another odd workaround -- one of my items rezzed successfully on the actual land's ground. I surmise I could probably rez my furniture on the ground then edit the height to approximately where the skybox is, then fine tune from there).

That's what I do when I create or rez a skybox. One can't very well rezz something in the sky itself.

Okay, I'm trying that now, with the weird caveat that I'm also having issues building boxes... but hemispheres were no problem at all. It's a flat surface. I'll report back if this succeeds (though I have another odd workaround -- one of my items rezzed successfully on the actual land's ground. I surmise I could probably rez my furniture on the ground then edit the height to approximately where the skybox is, then fine tune from there).

• Like 1

I do feel like this really was a "I was today days old when I realized..." thing, but now I do know the tricks, and I'll remember that from now on, thanks! (The upside-down hemisphere worked and I'm fairly sure I moved the skybox rezzer up from the ground anyway, I just forgot.)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.