I upgraded to a Premium Account but it will not allow me to buy land on auction? Ive got money, WHY?

paleontol99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just upgraded from a free acount to a Premium Account.   I put money in Lindens into my account in order to bid on

a land auction.   It will not allow me to bid and says that I have to upgrade to a Premium account which I already did 2 days ago.  I would like to bid and already a number of auctions have finished and closed while Im still sitting here with money ready to bid.   Any idea of problem.   My account was charged the $ 9.95 and my account is in good standing.  ???????

3 answers to this question

Not entirely sure, hang on for additional replies from other Residents.

As a Premium Member you could contact Support or Live Chat by following the white lettered Help link near the top of this page.

My thoughts are some kind of Buying Limit is in place. The Auction page might not have your info yet. You could try to Create data by getting a Linden Home and then Abandoning it. The system would record that ownership.

When I first joined I couldn't buy land for 30 days because my spending limit prevented me from purchasing enough L$ to buy the land I wanted.

Note: I look for land by visiting an empty Region, open the world map only, deselect every show feature except Land For Sale, don't zoom out too far, scan slowly. If I see land I like, I click on show Residents, for business green dots are good, for relaxing at a home green dots are bad. I look at the adjacent lands and if all looks good, I teleport to the property. Saves times.

The Auction has been rolling for a long time, there will be plenty of deals everyday. Have no worries.

• Like 1

Residents must be 14 days old or older in order to bid at the auction along with having a premium account.

--Cinn

http://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/usd/faq/#acct1

Can anyone in Second Life buy land in the auctions?

No. Only residents that have Premium memberships and are at least 14 days old are eligible to participate in auctions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.