Should I put my real-life gender in my woman avatars' profiles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We've even seen arguments about the rainbow on the Forum! Recently!!

I wasn't even aware of that, I've been doing my best to stick to the picture threads, but have failed multiple times. this one keeps popping up and it has been really hard to just ignore it.  I still wish the forum allowed us to ignore threads, I should not be participating in this one at all.   

More people need to post pictures, to keep me out of trouble! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sure Anubis agrees.

Anubis is evil, he probably would be bumping this thread every chance he got just to spite me.  

Then he would post pictures in threads to mock me of my one true desire in Helios

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I should not be participating in this one at all.   

More people need to post pictures, to keep me out of trouble

Well I liked your little pro-LGBTQ video that made fun of the straight people. We need more of that.  After all, they've been trashing the minority population for hundreds of years, and so I appreciate how you're creating a balancing influence!

/partial, but not complete, tongue-in-cheek post

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I liked your little pro-LGBTQ video that made fun of the straight people. We need more of that.  After all, they've been trashing the minority population for hundreds of years, and so I appreciate how you're creating a balancing influence!

/partial, but not complete, tongue-in-cheek post

I love Danny Street, the entire show is a lot of fun in general.  I'm looking forward to the next season,  unfortunately due to the writer's strike I think it is being delayed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

People represent as they do here for reasons that need have nothing to do with "deception." We need to accept that everyone here is being authentic to who they are in some way or another. Someone whose approach to SL doesn't mesh with yours isn't be "deceptive" -- they're just doing their own thing, as they have every right to.

I don't disagree, I just know that there are those who are being deceptive, deliberately. Not many, but enough to make a difference in how others perceive. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..the fact so many men act like big babies notwithstanding, I would tend to agree.

Immaturity isn't a 'male issue' though. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't disagree, I just know that there are those who are being deceptive, deliberately. Not many, but enough to make a difference in how others perceive. 

Oh, there will always be people who are liars, of course.

What I'm suggesting is that we not define how someone represents themselves here as a "deception."

That doesn't mean that they can't use that representation for deception.

But I suspect you'd probably agree with that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, there will always be people who are liars, of course.

What I'm suggesting is that we not define how someone represents themselves here as a "deception."

That doesn't mean that they can't use that representation for deception.

But I suspect you'd probably agree with that.

I know what you're trying to say. It won't work. There are too many variables. And the ones who are doing it deliberately are the ones throwing the monkey wrench into the works.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I know what you're trying to say. It won't work. There are too many variables. And the ones who are doing it deliberately are the ones throwing the monkey wrench into the works.

Sure, but I don't know of an alternative, really.

There are no certainties possible, really: all we can really do, ever, in any situation, is employ our critical thinking skills as best we can.

And personally, I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume they are being genuine -- even if it means I end up with egg on my face later -- than approach everyone as a potential con artist. If there is evidence that they are trying to deceive me consciously, I'll protect myself of course. But I'm not going to begin from that assumption.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That actually sounds more like something Loki would do.

I wonder if it really is Loki, posing as Anubis.  Ya know, this deception is completely unacceptable.. it should say in his profile that he really is Loki.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But I'm not going to begin from that assumption.

Neither am I. Neither will most people. 

I've dealt with too much dishonesty in RL to want to have to deal with in SL as well. All most people are asking is for others to be honest. That doesn't mean go spouting it off all over the grid on your profile. It just means when confronted with the situation be honest in your answers. If someone can't deal with your honesty, then the only thing you can do is walk away. If it doesn't bother them then there isn't an issue because that person will appreciate the honesty and return it.

At least, in my world, that's how it works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Someone on this thread said something about the soul of a person being male or female and how they could presumably tell that from how they present in SL. As someone who believes in reincarnation, I don't think a person's soul is limited in such a way.

So, what if we represent sides of our personality in SL based on past incarnations?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.