Can people read your private messages using rlv?

Savannah Redangel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I hope I have added this question in the right area.....

I have been looking into using RLV, someone I was talking to said that if you use RLV others that you use this with will be able to view your IMs and your chat history. Is this correct, I have been looking through wiki and cant find any info on RLV other then specifics on how to use it.

Could anyone help me out please

6 answers to this question

@Ninmarish, you didn't read the specs of that app closely enough.  It can listen to and relay only the wearer's side of a LOCAL CHAT conversation to the collar's owner.

For example, if you're wearing your collar, and I am your "owner", and you talk to, say, Madelaine McMasters in nearby chat, the conversation might be...

Nin:  Maddy, my Mistress, Lindal Kidd, beats me black and blue every night.

Maddy:  Hey, if you dump her and go with me, I won't be so wimpy.  I'll set you on fire.

Nin: Sounds good to me.  Will you give me some salve for it afterwards?

Maddy:  No, but I'll set Lindal on fire too, if you want.

Nin: Oh, I love you!  Let's do it.

...but what would be relayed to me would be:

Maddy, my Mistress, Lindal Kidd, beats me black and blue every night.  Sounds good to me.  Will you give me some salve for it afterwards?  Oh, I love you!  Let's do it.

And if the conversation took place in a private IM, you wouldn't even get that.  RLV, including Open Collar devices, cannot "spy" on IMs.  But it can BLOCK a collar wearer from sending or receiving IMs, or local chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did find this at wiki, it list all the commands, not sure why the link says Life in it but at the Link it is updated to say love.

As mentioned some aspects of receiving another Residents IM's without the Sender being notified would be a Violation of the Terms of Service and Community Standards.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLifeAPI

• Like 1

Yes when you agree to use RLV you also agree to allow your "Master" the right to read all your chat. This does NOT include private IM's, only local chat and only your chat. They do not see the chat belonging to someone else, just your responses. But they also do get notification of who is around your and where you go.

Well, if I ask this question without considering RLV,

Q: Can people read your private messages A: YES

You can use "Spy", an open collar app. This App enables consenting partners to spy on each other or in other words will allow full Owners to receive activity and chat reports on the collar wearer.

https://www.opencollar.at/spy.html

It also means a sub that you talk to might be relating the details of your discussion to his/her owner.

I hope this helps you.

Nin xx

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.