weird look to my piercings

rickie Corbeau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i dont know if this is the correct forum to do this in but. ... im having trouble with my piercings. for some reason the balls such as the dimple piercing  and showing bigger then usual and have a rainbowish tent to them and well as being somewhat transparent. others are elongated or misshaped. it seems to only effect my piercings and only effects me on my screen. others see me fine. but this is irritating to me. is there anything i can do to get my piercings back to normal?

yes ive tried  rebake, clear group cashe, set on boxes that clear visible cashe, deleted cashe from my c drive in the sl folders, renderunloadedavatar, ive even tried the old default avi trick. but still have this problem. it only happens on viewer2 and im the only one to see it.  my piercings were fine til yesterday i also noticed one   of my skins the face went black and had skin colored horizontal lines acrossed it. it the only skin that does it too. im at a loss.

You could try to increase the RenderVolumeLODFactor in debug settings. It might help the shape of the piercings. (It is the same setting as the Objects slider under Mesh detail: in the graphics tab of the preferences dialog, but lets you set it higher still). Enable the Advanced menu in the Advanced tab in me->preferences. Go to the Advanced menu and select Show Debug settings. Type RenderVolumeLODFactor and set it to 4.000. You can set it higher but there is no point, really.

- Luc -

Someone in the fashion  thread reported a transparency bug with the V2 update, and this could be the same problem as yours. Some spherical nanos (like possibly your little balls) make use of transparency to look smaller than they really are, and this could account for the weird and larger shape (ie, the outside of a prim may be showing its usually 100% transparent outer surface.)

Oblong and weird shaped prims may be unrezzed sculpt maps on some prims. If others see them as fine, then definately clear cache and reboot.

Just two guesses....seeing a photo may help us work it out.

Did you install a new version of Viewer2? Do you have new viewers installed automatically?

If so, the first thing you should do, is to go to Me- Preferences- Setup- Software updates and change that to "Download and install updates manually". I don't like the forced installment of a new viewer, I prefer to wait and see if others have issues with it. If a viewer works for me, why change it unless it is some new feature I will try?

Since you prefer Viewer 2, I can suggest that you try Firestorm? http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

i think the trasparency bug maybe the problem. if ive uploaded a pic correctly this will show what im talkin about. and as far as firestorrm, i have it and dont really like it.. i dont remember why tho lol. the closesy 3rd pparty viewer ive found to v2 is catznip. its laid out just like v2 and even has rlv. but sadly no physics lol. and i will try setting my self up for manual updates

the top pic shows the piercings before the update, barely noticable dimple piercings. if i was even wearing them lol. the bottom pic show my messed up dimple piercings.Snapshot_006.pngSnapshot_009.png                                                                   

ok i gotta go with the bug i guess. i completely uninstalled viewer2 anf then reinstalled version 2.6 and now my piercings look right. ty everyone. hey LL i know yall are hard at work on the next version right? this time let the bug be the inablitiy for freebie clothes to look like they are painted on lol.

just drop back to the previous version before..there really isn't much difference that i could see in them..

i use firestorm myself for my V2..my fiance uses LL's latest V2..i couldn't see a difference when he was using it from the last one to the latest ..

the dif between v2.6 and 2.7 is the addition of shadows and more realist lighting. it actually looks almost 3D but you gotta run your graffics on a really high ssetting. and i know some people dont have pcs able to run those kinda graffics. as for why i run v2 is simple. v2 you can attach multiple things to one spot. ive yet to see that in any other viewer (to my experience) and im just used to the lay out of v2 verses the others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.