Teacher wanted... or instruction manual for non experienced designer

Grace Winnfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to learn how to make sculpties and work with Mesh.  I have been told this could become a big deal for fashion (mesh) and sculpties already are.  I  need a. Basic help, as i have no experience whatsoever and the times i've tried sculpties i failed miserably.  b.  To know what free programs i can use to create with.  c.  Am a relatively fast learner but learn best by detailed instruction and demonstration.  I learned to use flex the first week it came out back in 2006  and taught myself fashion design by reading various documents in sl and having a basic knowledge of photoshop.    Please contact me IN WORLD with your ideas on how to teach me, what you would charge, and when you would be available.  Thanks a ton and have a fantabulous super great day!!

Grace Winnfield  (Gracies Bridal, Posh Bebe, Gracies)

SL wiki has all the answer to your questions.it gives details on how to do anything in SL.I came here will 0 skills and could not even use MS paint.

4 years later I can script,sculpt,market,design Have sold 1000s of SL products ad reaped millions of SL lindens over the years by using SL wiki as a tool and learning on my own.

No one can teach you how to do this,I believe we all do it different .

I have spent the past few months teaching my self meshing,it has been slow going but a great feeling to learn on ony own.I just use google and search stuff like "Mesh design" ,"how to make object files" ,"free 3d program for mesh and object files".I also read the blogs and the forums for great info on free programs to use.I use all free programs in my design work.I even have my own version of Gimp I moded using open source scripting and have never had to use  a  stolen program to do anything.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Exporting_a_mesh_from_Blender http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sculpt I suggest looking at those wiki pages. There are half a dozen groups in SL with blender in their name that are good places to get help. Blender Academy just put a notecard out with a list of tutorials and SL addons so check out their group announcements. Also Builder's brewery does inworld blender tutorials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.