If my logins fail and I get the message "login failed" how do I login if I don't live anywhere else

killerjohn365

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If that's the only thing the message says then what makes you think you have to live any where else?  I've had that message in the past and all it meant was that the log in failed.........try again later is what I did and I was able to log in.  Normally, if you get a failed log in and you've been successful in the past about getting logged in, it's just a temporary thing.......maybe the sim you are atteempting to log into is down for a few minutes (restarts will cause that).  If this is a chronic problem then you can try to log into another sim.  If you know a sim by name you can type that into the log in location (you need to know the exact spelling).  If not then try Pooley, Smith, or Aqua (LL maintained sims).

If you don't see the box to change your log in location go to your preferences and on the General tab you'll see something that says show location on start up (or something very similar).  While you're messing with changing things make sure you are in the "Advanced" mode (next to the log in button on your log in screen)

*Geeze, I wish LL never got that bright idea of streamling the viewer.......what a fiasco.*

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

If that's the only thing the message says then what makes you think you have to live any where else?  I've had that message in the past and all it meant was that the log in failed.........try again later is what I did and I was able to log in.  Normally, if you get a failed log in and you've been successful in the past about getting logged in, it's just a temporary thing.......maybe the sim you are atteempting to log into is down for a few minutes (restarts will cause that).  If this is a chronic problem then you can try to log into another sim.  If you know a sim by name you can type that into the log in location (you need to know the exact spelling).  If not then try Pooley, Smith, or Aqua (LL maintained sims).

If you don't see the box to change your log in location go to your preferences and on the General tab you'll see something that says show location on start up (or something very similar).  While you're messing with changing things make sure you are in the "Advanced" mode (next to the log in button on your log in screen)

*Geeze, I wish LL never got that bright idea of streamling the viewer.......what a fiasco.*

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.