JackallWhite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

Could do with some help with my avatar. I bought the following body and head

Head: BASIC-VISTA BENTO HEAD CHRIS BASIC- V1.3b box
Body: #Classic Legacy Body (i think it's called)

I'm just trying to figure out how to get them to work together right, there's shapes for the body in #Classic, and shapes in the head files. If I use a body shape, it deforms the head. If I use a head shape, it makes the body tiny. 

I'm also struggling to find clothes that fit right as the clothes that are listed everywhere are for expensive bodies! 🥴

• Like 1

Clothes first - the "Classic" Legacy body is their old one. It used to be called TMP "an abbreviation of 'The Mesh Project') so if you search the Marketplace for clothing in the TMP size, those will fit. However - they are old, a lot of stuff has been discontinued, removed from sale and no-one makes new stuff for this body any more. If you want more clothing, or newer clothing, you will have to purchase a newer body that already has good clothing support. Legacy (the new one), or Belleza Jake are pretty much your only viable options for a male body at this stage.  If it's any consolation, Jake is cheap (around L$1500 I think).

--------------------------

Shapes - when you buy a head, it includes shapes with faces on these shapes that are made to fit the head.  The body is irrelevant for these shapes. The opposite is true when you buy a body; the body part of the shape is important, the face is irrelevant. The trouble is, you can't wear two shapes at once, so you can't wear the face shape from your head pack with the body shape from your mesh body pack. What you'l need to do is combine them manually.

Start with the shape from your body kit. Go into Edit Shape and look at the sliders. Ignore everything above the neck, and just focus on the body, torso and legs tabs. Use the sliders to get those looking just the way you want with your chosen body.   THEN WRITE DOWN ALL THESE NUMBERS.

Next, switch to the shape that comes with your mesh head. Refer back to the list that you wrote down, and transfer all these numbers manually into the body, torso and legs tabs of the new shape (just type them in - there is a way to import and export them, but honestly it is way too complicated for this purpose and it's seriously much quicker to just write down the list and type them into the shape editor one at a time).  Then you can carry on adjusting the face shape sliders until it looks right.  What you'll have in the end is your very own custom shape that's tailor made to suit your combination of head and body.

You can in theory do it the other way round, get the face fixed up first, but that's twice as many tabs  to write down and type in, so I recommend doing it body-first and head second.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 4

If you don't want to write down all the slider values for your body, you could also just adjust the body sliders manually on your own. What is most important is that you start with a shape that is made for the *same brand of head* as your mesh head. You can use the shape that's included with your mesh head or another shape from Marketplace or wherever, but if it's made for a standard body or a different brand of mesh head, adjusting it to not look weird will be very difficult. Head slider values are numerous and can be tricky to adjust.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.