Questions

Patrick032986

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Follow your interest, search Groups, search Places.

If you would like to just meet with Residents use the World Map (look for green dots, watch out for blue ones:smileysurprised:) to find Help Island Public 1 or 2, 2 is usually a busy place.

You could visit Dore or Violet regions or Kuula if I spelled that right.

Hey Patrick nice to meet you, I started just using searches as suggested and checking out new places. Strike up a conversation in passing with different people, seek out there interests and see if they like alot of the same things. Also, if you like to dance at all I go to various dance clubs, they has alot of different people there you can meet. Good luck!

The place where I met the most good people that will help you no matter what is role play communties. I currently RP in two great such communites. 

Do you have an interest? The ones I RP in are based of Sci-Fi tv shows and films. But I have to say I have spent many happy hours living out rp lives and creating unique characters. 

!!WARNING!! there are a lot of dodgy ones out there so be careful in your search, I know quite a few good and unique ones so if you want to IM me in world for some landmarks, feel free and Good Hunting :)

Ah the eternal newbie - oldbie dialogue:

newbie: so where can I go, what can I do?

oldbie: what would you like to do, what are your interests?

newbie: euh, no idea

oldbie: sorry can't help you.

Advices:

Look for stuff you would like to do, hang out and participate, get to know people in that kind of context. Second Life has everything from philosopy classes to gorean master and slave play, including sky diving, live music, sailing and sword fighting. Think it would be cool to play a samurai, build your own house, design your own clothes? Check out different places and groups that enable you to do so. It's just like when meeting people when traveling . You start chatting about some monument, the food or the weather and before you know it, the subject has changed to your respective jobs, kids, hometown, ....

Profiles are there for strangers to look at. Just hang out somewhere you like, be it breathtaking landscape, a live venue, some event and check peoples profiles. You'll find info on their groups, a description of themselves and their favorite places. Empty profiles usuall denote an alt and those using it at that time want to enjoy SL without their custumors/tenants/staff bothering them. Don't bother them. Feel free to strike up a conversation with others whenever their profile looks interesting. Offer friendships and accept friendships only after a close look at the others profile. This can spare embarassing moments later ( a captivating experience has a very different meaning for a domme then for an art critic). If you don't contact others based on their profile you can always check out the groups and places they mention in their profile. Each time you check a profile, you have a chance of getting to know 42 groups. You can even check profiles of people that are not online. If you find a nice object somewhere, you can check the owners profile and the creator's profile. Make your own profile interesting. You don't have to be a member of lots of groups or have a lot of inworld skills. Just tell a bit about yourself, your strengths and favorite things.

Follow your instincts and then let things take their natural course. I regurlary went to a venue and heard a beautiful voice singing there. I decided follow that artist and got to know sveral other venues. Two years later, the artist in question hardly comes to SL any more and I don't visit the places I used to visit in the beginning, (they are laggy). But in the meantime, I got to know four other musicians and discovered other venues. My group list now is very different from what it was after six months or even one year in SL. But I would not have found out about the groups I am in now, if I had not been part of the groups I was in in the beginning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.