I've done all I can to get back on to Second Life and still cannot log on

Bryanne Darkwatch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've done everything that has been suggested to me to try to get back on to Second Life. I've cleaned my computer, updated my drivers, changed the time, uninstalled, reinstalled, installed different viewers, third party viewers, tried logging in to different regions, disconnected and reconnected modems and routers. Called my ISP and had them reset everything, got a new internet address. Nothing has worked, I have read and reread everything that I can find on trying to fix this problem, still with no results. Can someone please help me, I miss playing second life, I have met  friends on here and spent a lot of time improving my avatar and her home. I would like to continue to play. I even downloaded second life on my daughters pc and it does the same thing, when it gets to the region handshake it will go no further. I would appreciate more input on this. Thank you in advance.  I forgot to add that I did reconfigure my firewall. And when I try to log on it gets to the region handshake and then a window pops up and tells me that we are having trouble connecting, check internet connection, second life support portal or click to teleport home.I have done everything I know to do. Please help.  

5 answers to this question

There's a lot of information in your post. The thing that is missing is some info regarding what actually happens - Can you open the viewer? Do you get to the login screen? Does the viewer crash as you log in? Do you get an error message? 

[EDIT] Hmmm.... Not sure I read the op correctly...

You can add information by clicking the options menu in the top right of your post and edit it.

- Luc -

The solutions you have tried are the typical ones, and they usually work because the problem you're having is almost always caused by a bad connection.  There's one other possibility worth trying.  You may have a firewall blocking your access.  Take a look at >>>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configuring_your_firewall

and  

>>>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_configure_my_software_firewall_%28such_as_Norton_Internet_Security,_McAfee_Personal_Firewall,_or_ZoneAlarm%29

• Like 1

Is the exact message 'Unable to connect to simulator'?

If so, can you remember if you changed grouptags or change the group tag before you started to have trouble logging in? Do you have the chance of log and alt in, or have someone log in, and change the grup tag you are wearing? If not, is it possible for someone to kick you out of the group you currently have active (until you can log in again)?

- Luc -

Also try

Retype your user name (both of them) and password in the boxes provided on the logon screen.

Try logging on at

http://slurl.com/

On login screen take this path. In top left hand corner of screen, click, edit > perferances > General > click, start location, button, choose "Last start location". Now you have something new on your login screen. Click the arrow and choose "home", or "last location" or type "Violet" (Any region you can remember will do, if you remember the regions name spelling exactly) in the "type region name" selection. Try all three if you need to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.