NEW UPDATE MESS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something just changed on the beta grid.

Firestorm:

• Firestorm 6.6.8 can't log into Aditi at all. It hangs at "fetching region capabilities". Tried multiple regions. Worked 3 days ago.

LL viewer:

• The LL Materials RC viewer 7.0.0.581126 logs into Aditi, but the avatar stays in "white cloud" mode forever. The Avatar->Now Wearing menu and the ones below it are greyed out.
  • Shiny new glTF materials at Materials1 look shiny, as they should. Some textures at Morris don't appear.
  • Teleports from Materials1 to Morris or vice versa hang, then there's a logout.
  • Logins to Rumpus Room (Materials testing on the main grid) succeed, and new shiny things look fine.
  • Some teleports on the main grid failed.
  • Memory consumption high.

Edited by animats
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 1:44 PM, Ardy Lay said:

Wow.  I came back and looked at my post with a machine that doesn't do HDR at all and ... oh wow.  Yeah, that snapshot is HOT with color on it.

I am going to have to keep this in mind.  My snapshots are TOO POWERFUL!  Oh well.  I am a cartoon character, after all.

Iv only looked at your pic with my Iphone 14 (not PRO). 🙈 seldom reads the forums from my desktop (I have HDR) 🙂

8 hours ago, animats said:

Something just changed on the beta grid.

Firestorm:

• Firestorm 6.6.8 can't log into Aditi at all. It hangs at ”fetching region capabilities”. Tried multiple regions. Worked 3 days ago.

LL viewer:

• The LL Materials RC viewer 7.0.0.581126 logs into Aditi, but the avatar stays in ”white cloud” mode forever. The Avatar->Now Wearing menu and the ones below it are greyed out.
  • Shiny new glTF materials at Materials1 look shiny, as they should. Some textures at Morris don't appear.
  • Teleports from Materials1 to Morris or vice versa hang, then there's a logout.
  • Logins to Rumpus Room (Materials testing on the main grid) succeed, and new shiny things look fine.
  • Some teleports on the main grid failed.
  • Memory consumption high.

Probably some transitory issue, which are not uncommon on the beta grid. Also, did you try with another avatar account (sometimes, your inventory in Aditi can get stuck in a bad state, which would cause avatar rezzing failures) ?

As for PBR reflections, I also noticed they don't always show properly/fully after a TP (probably some race condition at work with their updates), but always show fine after a relog... I'd suggest you try and reproduce the issue reliably enough (to give precise repro steps to LL), and file a JIRA issue.

I just tried logins and TPs, with both the current stable release (v1.30.2.22)  and the new experimental release (v1.31.0.0, with dual EE and PBR renderer) of the Cool VL Viewer, and they seem to work fine (at least as I am writing this).

AditiMorris.thumb.jpg.6f57ab3d39735ba24e875628acc01187.jpg

AditiRumpusRoom2.thumb.jpg.cfdfe69f7b9476864a2d4995f5217f8f.jpg

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.