Help! Emoting issues?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody, I'm writing here because I haven't been able to fix this mess. I found out I have an issue with emoting when my belly talker emotes - yes, I am pregnant - showed in a weird way. Usually it used to say for example "POOTERBILT Mommy's HUD 4.06 I get excited when I think about being born!!!", but now it says "/me I get excited when I think about being born!!!". My doctor tried to fix it and to set a new cycle but nothing worked. Then I understood what was the problem: I can't emote anymore! And this happened yesterday, after updating the viewer. The weird thing is that I can't emote in the public chat unless I don't expand it. I'll show you two screenshots to explain what I mean:

Public chat emote:

Public chat emote

Expanded public chat emote:

Expanded public chat

(In case you're wondering what language is this, it's Italian =P)

Okay so this is the issue. I'm not the only one having it, a friend of mine has it as well, of course after updating the viewer. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this... thanks a lot to everyone who will reply to this message.

Hugs :)

Are you using the latest SL viewer? 2.7.2?

Or is it the beta?

I believe an issue sneaked in to one of those and disabled '/me'. I've heard other people say that they have the same issues. (JIRA: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25957 ) Check your version and maybe see if you can't get a different one without this bug.

A helpful link:- http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

HellenaMaezono wrote:

What shall I do now?

If you follow the links around, (I think the link says something like 'alternative viewers', you'll find the SL development viewer. It's slightly more up-to-date than the newest official viewer, but it may be less stable. Looking at the JIRA, the fix to the /me bug shouldn't be in the Development Viewer.

However the next time your current viewer auto-updates, the bug should go away on its own.

Hope that helps.

Thanks people. exactly what I came to find. Guess I will stop breaking things more by trying to fix them and just wait a few days.

Incedently I asked others around me and the emotes generally do appear correctly to others. It's just our own veiw of the local chat that is corrupted by the bug. Disconcerting I know to see it wrong but at least now you know all those epeople that hate the tummy talkers are probably still seeing the emotes exactly like you want them to

uh, except for Lyra ;)

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.