Region vs Estate Names

Lizzie McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Lizzie McGregor said:

Thank you, Rolig. That helps me make a decision about naming my newest sim.

If you're talking about a private estate/island you purchase directly from LL, what you name that one specific Island will be first and can be the only name.

If it's a private estate/region/sim that you're renting from another resident, what they have named the region will come first and then what you've decided to call that region will come second.

Mainland regions are different,.I believe.

Edited by Rowan Amore

Rowan Amore, Thank you that helps a great deal. I bought it from LL. It has one name at the moment but I want to add another. I "think" I can do that when I buy the next island from LL with the Region and Estate. What I want is to have it similar to an address where the street comes before the city and the city comes before the state.

There's some info here about naming regions.

When I rented a region, it was already named Salt & Pepper by the rental company.  That name was always first and I couldn't change it.  I added an additional name which came after that.

So, if you want what you described,  when ordering your region, where they ask for Name, you'd put the street.  Then, you can add and change as much as you like, the second part.

Example:  Order a region named South Main Street.  After you receive the region, you can add...Anytown, Iowa.

Then next region you purchase, North Main Street and then you add... Anytown, Iowa

18 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There's some info here about naming regions.

When I rented a region, it was already named Salt & Pepper by the rental company.  That name was always first and I couldn't change it.  I added an additional name which came after that.

So, if you want what you described,  when ordering your region, where they ask for Name, you'd put the street.  Then, you can add and change as much as you like, the second part.

Example:  Order a region named South Main Street.  After you receive the region, you can add...Anytown, Iowa.

Then next region you purchase, North Main Street and then you add... Anytown, Iowa

This helps a great deal. I have read that article a few times but your explanation helped more.

Thank you.

I agree that the information about this isn't very clear.

I believe that Rolig is right, and the Estate name doesn't appear on the address bar. It only appears under "Estate" in the About Land window.

For example, Serena Estates owns, among others, a region called Bluefields. In the address bar, you only see "Bluefields" and your coordinates.

But it is possible, if you want, to include the name of your estate in the name of the region. For example, every region in the steampunk estate of Caledon has "Caledon" in the region name. Caledon Oxbridge, Caledon Highlands, Caledon Cymru, and so on. If you wish to have this type of nomenclature, all you have to do is to manually include the name of your estate in the name of your regions.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 8:31 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I agree that the information about this isn't very clear.

I believe that Rolig is right, and the Estate name doesn't appear on the address bar. It only appears under "Estate" in the About Land window.

For example, Serena Estates owns, among others, a region called Bluefields. In the address bar, you only see "Bluefields" and your coordinates.

But it is possible, if you want, to include the name of your estate in the name of the region. For example, every region in the steampunk estate of Caledon has "Caledon" in the region name. Caledon Oxbridge, Caledon Highlands, Caledon Cymru, and so on. If you wish to have this type of nomenclature, all you have to do is to manually include the name of your estate in the name of your regions.

Thank you and sorry for the delay in answering. It is inexcusable not to come back and check this out. Yeah, I agree after all the comments. That is pretty much the only way. Take care and thank you every one for helping me with this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.