upgrade from premium to premium plus

Kanani7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I already have a premium account with a beautiful Linden home but I am running out of space for my objects.  My land impact right now is 343 out of 351.  My question is, if I upgrade the the premium plus account, will I get more parcel capacity to put more objects?  and if I do, will that make me start over and have to pick a new home or will it not disrupt the home I already love and want to keep? 

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kanani7 said:

the real answer I am looking for is will I get more parcel capacity?  I am using 343 out of 351.  I don't want more land.. Just more land impact.  Will that increase so I can have more objects?  

Here's the chart.  The prim limit is, as @Rolig Loonsaid,  always tied to parcel size.

ddc0d171d955f0eaecefd2530ca118bd.thumb.png.fa70c4cedca6c5c7f7e79c30dba116c0.png

• Like 1

I should probably add that an estate owner has the option of sacrificing some of the L.I. allowance for one parcel and dividing it among all the other parcels on a region.  This is how a parcel can sometimes have a L.I. bonus. That option is fairly common in some private estates, but is not available in Bellisseria.  Instead, the Lindens use a different sort of bonus scheme.  When you get a Linden Home, the house itself is not really on your parcel. Its root is just outside the parcel, so it counts against the L.I. allowance for the public land in the region. That means you have the parcel's full L.I. allowance for decorating.  In other words, as a homeowner in Bellisseria, you already have a L.I. bonus that residents do not have elsewhere.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kanani7 said:

I already have a premium account with a beautiful Linden home but I am running out of space for my objects.  My land impact right now is 343 out of 351.  My question is, if I upgrade the the premium plus account, will I get more parcel capacity to put more objects?  and if I do, will that make me start over and have to pick a new home or will it not disrupt the home I already love and want to keep? 

no you won't get more land at your Linden home, those aren't available yet, if ever.
it is btw cheaper to make your tier higher if you only use that option from the P+,
you can get a 2048 sqm mainland parcel wíth more prims for just a higher tier ( 7 a month / 84 a year) than the 150 USD more for P+

the real answer I am looking for is will I get more parcel capacity?  I am using 343 out of 351.  I don't want more land.. Just more land impact.  Will that increase so I can have more objects?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kanani7 said:

The best way to get more prims for your parcel is to learn how to carefully link objects to lower their land impact. Using lower land impact objects helps too, as does removing a few shadow prims or other unnecessary prims. 

At the simplest level, 2 simple box prims, such as pictures on your walls, can be linked together and set to Convex Hull. This will lower their land impact from 2 to 1. Linking a box prim to a mesh object usually makes the land impact of the box prim disappear. Linking 2 or more mesh objects can lower their total land impact too. For instance, you might link a lamp or other object to the table it's on.

Sometimes Linking objects makes their total land impact go up however, so you have to be careful. Avoid linking sculpts to anything. Avoid linking spheres to anything. 

Do you really need all the shadows under your furniture or behind pictures on your walls? Do you really need mesh rugs? Or would a box prim rug work well enough? These are other ways to lower your land impact.

Beds often have an invisible prim with all their animations inside. If you like the animations in a bed that's high prim, it may be possible to put those animations into a bed that has lower prims.

I have a pool in my yard with a water surface prim. I also have a free invisible Aquasense prim from Salt and Pepper. I took the script out of the Aquasense prim and put it into my pool water prim, so now my Aquasense clothing and hair react to my pool water as if it were Linden water, without adding another prim to my land impact.

My Linden Home looks fully furnished and landscaped, yet I still have 40 unused land impact. I also have a 2 land impact mesh and box prim open skybox for privacy.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kanani7 said:

The best thing to do is learn how to show for low impact items that are also well made (so they don't break apart when you are 5 meters away).  Second, as mentioned by Persephone, try linking things that are modifiable.  It is often best to play around with that in a sandbox, since linking some items can actually make the LI skyrocket.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:15 AM, Kanani7 said:

No, you won't. As others have said, to get more capacity, you need a larger parcel of land. With Premium+, you can GET a larger parcel and still avoid paying a monthly land fee.

If you don't want to 1) incur the additional expense and 2) suffer the hassle of finding and buying a 2048 parcel and moving there, then Persephone's advice about becoming prim conscious is your best bet.

Plus it's good advice even if you do have a large land parcel, because we always seem to fill them up.

One of the best ways to reduce an object's LI is to change its physics type from "prim" to "convex hull". This can often cut an object's impact in half. But do be careful; in some cases, as Persephone says, it will INCREASE the LI, and it can sometimes "fill in" doorways or sunken floors with what seems to act like an invisible barrier.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 3:15 PM, Kanani7 said:

no, capacity is tied to size.
If you want double capacity you have to abandon your Linde hom and go look for double prim land on the landforums. Be aware.. you won't pay tier if you keep 1024, but you need to purchase the land, and those parcels go for absurd prices, higher than a month rent in RL !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no, capacity is tied to size.
If you want double capacity you have to abandon your Linde hom and go look for double prim land on the landforums. Be aware.. you won't pay tier if you keep 1024, but you need to purchase the land, and those parcels go for absurd prices, higher than a month rent in RL !

I was just wandering around Horizons today checking prices.  The cheapest I saw for double prim 1024 was 135,000L.  I haven't seen one that low (HA) for several years.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.