Can I move a 'rented' full region?

Eledia Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I am currently renting a full region (Estate Manager permission), onyl because it was a bit cheaper then buying from SL. Just learned the renter is known for raising the rent after 1month.

Have done quite a lot of building...so wondering if there's a way of moving the reigion 'as is' to one by SL?

(I know about the RAW for terrain. Did try soft-linking in the past and didn't work for 5k prims!).

Thanks a lot in advance!

7 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Eledia Starchild said:

Just learned the renter is known for raising the rent after 1month.

I'm renting on and off during 16 yrs.. but never found my landlord ( i always go back to the same one) raise the fees unless something seriously happened on the Lindex or LL prices. He decently went down with all price drops also.

13 hours ago, Eledia Starchild said:

Have done quite a lot of building...so wondering if there's a way of moving the reigion 'as is' to one by SL?

As there are no issues with the region, nor you'r a direct regionowner, i seriously doubt LL will assist in it, but ask support .. we'r no Lindens here, you might be lucky!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

As there are no issues with the region, nor you'r a direct regionowner, i seriously doubt LL will assist in it, but ask support .. we'r no Lindens here, you might be lucky!

Thank you - I have opened a ticket... Wondering if RAW map + Casper's Rez2 would suffice...

And yes, I agreed that it's extremely odd - but the owner even has some comments about it in his SL profile too....so clearly not the first time!

On 5/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, Eledia Starchild said:

Hi,

I am currently renting a full region (Estate Manager permission), onyl because it was a bit cheaper then buying from SL. Just learned the renter is known for raising the rent after 1month.

(I know about the RAW for terrain. Did try soft-linking in the past and didn't work for 5k prims!).

Thanks a lot in advance!

When you rented the sim, you did so at the "introductory" price, to get you in the door. After that, the owner will raise the rent to what it actually is. They are in the land business to make a profit, so it would make no sense for them to rent land to you for less than they owe to LL each month. It will always be cheaper to get a full estate sim from LL or have one transferred to you from another resident.
Your landlord owns the sim you're renting, so you don't have the power to take it from them unless they want to transfer it to you.

9 hours ago, JudiLynn India said:

When you rented the sim, you did so at the "introductory" price, to get you in the door. After that, the owner will raise the rent to what it actually is. They are in the land business to make a profit, so it would make no sense for them to rent land to you for less than they owe to LL each month. It will always be cheaper to get a full estate sim from LL or have one transferred to you from another resident.
Your landlord owns the sim you're renting, so you don't have the power to take it from them unless they want to transfer it to you.

the OP wants to move the content in one click, not the region.

Also for many people renting is cheaper than owning, because of VAT rules.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the OP wants to move the content in one click, not the region.

Also for many people renting is cheaper than owning, because of VAT rules.

The place I rented from charges $203 for 4 wks for a full region while buying one from LL costs $209.  Not a huge savings for me but I'd imagine it would be for those under VAT.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The place I rented from charges $203 for 4 wks for a full region while buying one from LL costs $209.  Not a huge savings for me but I'd imagine it would be for those under VAT.

that same region would cost me $ 252.89 when owning it

• Like 1

What I've done in the past for 64x64 spaces (full cyber city, so lots of prims) was to simply marquee highlight and grab it all by using the Take command, which links it up into one large object, that I then plop right back out of my inventory in a new 64x64 parcel. I assume that's what you mean by soft linking?

If that's the case and you worried about size of the linked object, why not do this ... delineate your sim into 4 (or 8?) sections with tall vertical posts and a centre prim for each of those sections. Make sure the centre prim is labeled A, B, C etc. Grab/select only a section's worth of objects at a time making sure the centre prim is the last item selected and Take. On your new sim, place a centre block down in the same coordinates as the A, B, C blocks and then drag each of those large objects from your Inventory to rezz them with the Build tool already open, then nudge the stuff into place so the centre blocks overlap. Delete the guide blocks and repeat for each of the sections.

It's why I hate moving. There should be a very simple/automated way to move an entire parcel or sims worth of objects from sim to sim, but there isn't.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.