Hypocrites, hypocrites everywhere.

Serafuku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

but you wouldnt have disneyland in adult land would you, unless you were stupid.[...]

well I couldn't sink quite to your level, so my example is at least plausible.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

this is a forum, its my right to express my opinion, you have no right to even try to tell me where my place is.

I see, you have a right to make ridiculous demands, and everyone else has no rights to state basic facts? neither you nor I decide what is or is not allowable; only LL. don't like it? tough, because you're going to have to live with it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Void Singer wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

but you wouldnt have disneyland in adult land would you, unless you were stupid.[...]

well I couldn't sink quite to your level, so my example is at least plausible.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

this is a forum, its my right to express my opinion, you have no right to even try to tell me where my place is.

I see, you have a right to make ridiculous demands, and everyone else has no rights to state basic facts? neither you nor I decide what is or is not allowable; only LL. don't like it? tough, because you're going to have to live with it.

you seem to think this is about LL, it isnt.

its about common sense and you.

your examples are as plausible as mine, people dont open disneyland style places in Adult land because they think about its effects and side effects, something you should care to consider also.

i rent on adult rated land and i live as an adult there.

why should a child avatar wish to live as an adult?

you dont make any sense.

the watch word is appropriate not appropriation.

except that I've given the exact reason, repeatedly. Adult land is not the same as adult content. In the real world you can open up a burger joint on the same piece of land that allows for a strip club.... and real life children and families can eat there too.

which means, based on the common sense you apparently aren't using, it's the land owners choice, content and activities that make the difference, and not the lands permissions.

pretending that the land permissions are some divine absolute is what doesn't make any sense. and who says what can be done on a piece of virtual land in SL? who is the ultimate authority? ooo could it be LL? yes, yes it is... what a marvel.

I'm sorry but you've failed to make a coherent case on every single level. All based on the silly presupposition that the word Adult in the land rating means only content or activities rated as adult can exist there, when in fact everything from disneyland to triple X is possible, at the land owners discretion and within TOS, period, stop, end of line.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

English is a fine language, American English is strange.

Everything that I don't know or like or approve of is somehow strange and wrong and ought to be forbidden at the penalty of death.

Agreed!! (But only if you know, like and approve of the same things as me.) *wink*

Dogboat, this is an issue you've belabored many times before. No, not the child avatars on adult land issue. I'm talking about the difference between "Allowed" and "Required".

From your perspective, everything allowed is also required. It's Adult Rated land, so by golly raunchy adult-only things MUST be done there too. Sorry son, but that's incorrect.

There are many examples in life where the two concepts are distinctly different. One that springs to mind is the Autobahn in Germany. On that highway, there is no real speed limit, so drivers are allowed to drive as fast as they can safely manage. However no one is required to drive at their personal max speed.

In the Express Lane at the grocery store, a shopper is allowed to have up to 15 items in their cart. But people are not required to purchase 15 items.

Now back to the Child Avatars on Adult-rated Land issue: Just because the land ratings allow it to be used for Adult activities in no way connotes a requirement to do Adult-rated things there. As long as you keep those two concepts separate in your mind, you'll find you can understand life a whole lot better.

Now please go back and study these some more ... then try again. With practice I'm sure you can comprehend this simple difference.

Wow, you know some kind of crazed hacker/cracker av might one day totally lay wast to everyones heights and make all avatar either HUGE or tiny based on these arguments and LL's odd scale size thingy that does not have "prim hegiht" and so on. We will all be the same height and be wearing hitlar mustaches or something lol. Is it really such a HUGE issue? Yeah, it seems like it is!

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Dogboat, this is an issue you've belabored many times before. No, not the child avatars on adult land issue. I'm talking about the difference between "
Allowed
" and "
Required
".

From your perspective, everything
allowed
is also
required
. It's Adult Rated land, so by golly raunchy adult-only things MUST be done there too. Sorry son, but that's incorrect.

There are many examples in life where the two concepts are distinctly different. One that springs to mind is the Autobahn in Germany. On that highway, there is no real speed limit, so drivers are
allowed
 to drive as fast as they can safely manage. However no one is
required
 to drive at their personal max speed.

In the Express Lane at the grocery store, a shopper is
allowed
 to have up to 15 items in their cart. But people are not
required
 to purchase 15 items.

Now back to the Child Avatars on Adult-rated Land issue: Just because the land ratings
allow
 it to be used for Adult activities in no way connotes a
requirement
 to do Adult-rated things there. As long as you keep those two concepts separate in your mind, you'll find you can understand life a whole lot better.

Now please go back and study these some more ... then try again. With practice I'm sure you can comprehend this simple difference.

Darrius, i think you should give up trying to understand whats going on.

Yes, I see now why you never get bored of this topic. You are the self-appointed policeman of Second Life, here to protect us all from the evils of the world that you alone know and care about. Wow, wonderful to have you here Saint Dogboat! How did we all survive without you? Personally, I wonder about your fascination with child avis. You do seem rather obsessed by them.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Yes, I see now why you never get bored of this topic. You are the self-appointed policeman of Second Life, here to protect us all from the evils of the world that you alone know and care about. Wow, wonderful to have you here Saint Dogboat! How did we all survive without you? Personally, I wonder about your fascination with child avis. You do seem rather obsessed by them.

no need for thanks. money works better.

didnt you write something like this earlier?

Deltango Vale wrote:

We were attacked by AR-griefers. Personally, I think it's time for the mods to shut down this thread.

i think you should report it to LL using an abuse report.

frankly i think you are making this up, why should anyone attack you?

ETA i normally get a few nasty messages when im on a crusade such as this, funnily enough the senders dont sound like ikkle girls, they sound like men and they use language to match. not saying they are paedophiles but one never can tell.

Marianne McCann wrote:

Deltango Vale wrote:

We were attacked by AR-griefers. Personally, I think it's time for the mods to shut down this thread.

Seconded. :-)

why close a thread because of an alleged incident in SL itself?

bear in mind the poster of the alleged AR griefer (whatever that is) has a motive.

quite bizarre if you ask me.

just let LL deal with it via abuse report, that is the correct way and you should be quite aware of that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.