What is the actual date of SL's B-Day?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This birthday celebration is going on for quite a while and good thing too because there is so much to see but I was wondering what is the actual date of the event we are celebrating. It looks like to me it might be June 23rd but I am not sure. Do you know?

9 answers to this question

I don't know the answer to this as I attempted to research myself, and to no avail. 

I really don't think 'they' know either as SL is always considered a work in progress.

Who was the 1st rez? When was beta?  What is the first non-beta (roll-out) date? I don't think it can be just ONE day. 

I suppose you could say the beginning of second life happened when existence first came to be, as everything in theory either has a beginning or always was. The 23 of June it seems is the day it was made open to the public and is the anniversary date now called birthday. As far as the first rezzed person, I think that blog explained that, but I have heard different names in my short existence. Here might be some of what you are wondering, there are some timeliness in there, but while it says second life began as a thought in the shower, it doesn't give a date :(http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

according to the link that is in my answer up above, the third paragraph down says:

"Back when, when I organised the third anniversary celebration for Second Life, I made the error then. I somehow got it into my head that it was Second Life’s birthday, rather than its anniversary, and I organised a lot of the signage and promotion that way. How I got that all mixed up, I have no idea."

I dont know if any of it is true or not.

heres the link again: http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/2011/03/15/second-lifes-ninth-birthday-remember-steller/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.