Reclaiming Group Land for resale question

Davyn Firehawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have some land deeded to a group that I want to sell. One lot is 2560 sqm and the other is 6720 sqm for a total of 9370.

Not exactly sure how but my tier was $40USD/Month (8192 sqm). I am guessing its minus the 10% group land bonus and the 512 sqm  premimum bonus. So in preparing to sell these two lots, I wanted to remove my group land contributions and set forsale to myself for $1.

So I thought! Seems now by doing this removes some bonus and when I try to buy the land I get placed in the

USD 75.00/ month 16,384 sqm range

. So its going to cost me to sell my land this way unless I'm doing something wrong here. Any info appreciated !

Thanx

Yes, removing from group and reselling to yourself can cause you to tier up unintentionally because the 10% group credit goes away.  Why not just leave the land in the group?  As long as you are the only person in the group with the ability to Receive group dividends and Pay group liabilities, you will still receive all the money.  Only difference is that you will not receive the money until LL runs the process that distributes group dividends, which is usually a batch job run at night SL time.

--Cinn

Remove your land contribution, sell the land to yourself up to the maximum of your tier (+512sqm for your allowance). Leave the remaining land in the group and sell it. You will no longer be elibigle for a 10% bonus if it is not group land.

You will get a short time to sell the excess land before LL will send you an email telling you that you need to increase you group land donations because it does not have enough to cover the land. They then give you 48 hours to fix it before they reclaim the excess land, but hopefully you will have sold it by then.

If you are planning on selling ALL the land & not just transferring back to your avatar`s name to keep, just put it all for sale from the group and make sure you are the only member that gets dividends. When the land sells the money will go to the group and be paid to you the following day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.