I can log on to the webside, but not my secondlife viewer. How do I remedy this?

wooleybear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to log on to my secondlife viewer for the first time and keep getting an error message that indicates the viewer could not resolve the host name.  My system has the latest NVIDIA graphics technology and tons of memory.  Please help me resolve this issue.  Thx.

4 answers to this question

This seems more like a router or proxy error.  Adjust your setting accordingly.  

You could also try clearing your DNS cache (you can google how to do this if you don`t know).

Check your connection, restart your computer & router - leave your router off for at least a minute.

This is a problem especially for Mac users. See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25627 and consider adding your vote. Meanwhile see the solution here: http://neilrobinson.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/a-fix-for-dns-errors/.

Basically, it amounts to adding the following additional DNS servers to your DNS settings in Network settings under System Preferences:

In the windows OSs the system clock can be out of synchronization with the net and can create problems. In "help and support" do this search "Synchronize with an internet time server". These problem can cause DSN errors in SL. Just change the connection location to a new one to repair the problem..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.