New Player looking for New Friends Support

BallsDeepHoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Second Life Community,

As the title says I am a new player here, and while I know I missed out on this during its Golden Days, where a lot of the once 'happening' places are now long abandoned (heck there is a place that is now classed as abandoned that I visited on my first day here a month or so ago), but I was hopeful of finding some friends in and around these parts to break up my every day life.

Basically I am looking for friends to show me around, help me learn and understand some things (my avatar looks atrocious, I don't know what model I have or how to find outfits/accessories that are suited to that model), help improve my role playing, take photos and build a persona around the place.

Up front About Me

I am a happily married housewife and mother of four (IRL),  I came here to Second Life to do just that... have a 'Second Life'. I hope to live out all of my most deepest, darkest sexual fantasies while also making friends along the way. 

The post this friendship is about is not related to any of that, it is seriously about learning, developing, character-story building and just getting better at this all.

Thank you so much to everyone who replies or is interested.

• Like 1

I’m always happy to help and teach peeps with what I can ^^ I’ve been around SL for quite some time, plus I’m a techie, so I can definitely help with avi stuff and learning how to get around. I’m kiiind of a wizard with avis and outfits, ngl ^^ I’m also a para-rper as well as a hobbies writer and poet, so I can definitely give you rp pointers or rp with you if you want. Granted, I don’t know many hangout places, I’m pretty shy so I mostly just go to stores or explore quietly by myself, but I’d be happy to help where I can! My sl username is (raventricity resident) so feel free to hit me up if you want ^^

Edited by Raventricity

On 5/19/2023 at 6:52 AM, BallsDeepHoe said:

Hello Second Life Community,

As the title says I am a new player here, and while I know I missed out on this during its Golden Days, where a lot of the once 'happening' places are now long abandoned (heck there is a place that is now classed as abandoned that I visited on my first day here a month or so ago), but I was hopeful of finding some friends in and around these parts to break up my every day life.

SL isn't less populated as in the time you refer to, there are thousends of more places to visit.

Abandoned land is nothing more than land that's in hands of LL themself, after a owner didn't sell it but left it. There are lots more people living on private estates now, they left mainland for better rules and looks.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Just meant as a new comer, sometimes we click around other times we follow blog posts (sometimes just made a couple months ago) about 'the best places to visit on SL' that are now abandoned. It is hard to get a gauge on where the popular places to try and meet etc. Was just an observation that led to my post to try and find friends to try and show me some of these 'places to visit'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Try searching topics you enjoy and going to places attached to that, also check the destination guide theres always events and social areas that have people there chatting and what not that you can tune into. I have so many landmarks I can share with you also! If you need help getting your avatar updated I would reccomend checking out youtube search "make SL avatar free" you will find so many good ones of how to get your avi looking fly. I also wrote a lil article about that here , https://www.tumblr.com/voyeuristicvixen/717987804880273408/foxeys-freebie-tip-13-make-a-free-secondlife?source=share

Feel
free to reach out iw I am always exploring the grid! foxyeink

• Like 2

On the subject of popular places disappearing as soon as they appear, or seeming to, quite often some of the most happening events in SL are hosted on sims rented expressly for the event, and when the event is over, the sims poof. It can be sad, finding a beautiful place with the most gorgeous builds, all full of people, and then having it disappear a week later, but it gives us something to look forward to the following year.

Also many people take on ownership of a region for specific purposes like business, or to get mad traffic and sell the land when it's worth more, and things don't always miraculously take off the way the owners had hoped. This often leaves one who spent a lot and expected more holding an empty bag and having to let the sim go when they can't cover tier. Plus, sometimes life just throws you a curveball, and things poof.

There are also sims that have been around for over a decade, though. Some of them just sort of sit there and people come and explore them, and some are perennial favorite hangouts that almost everyone has been to at least once.

Take your time and pace yourself. I know it can get exciting and then suddenly you hit a wall sometimes, but that's all part of this ephemeral universe we play in. Not typical, so don't be frightened, but it took me myself almost 2 years to really find my place and my people. Once found though, you'll want to hang on to them forever. SL really is a magical place, it just takes time to find your own place in it, sometimes.

My best advice is to stubbornly be yourself, and the rest will sort itself out eventually. You will find what you're looking for. Good things take time, and are worth it.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.