Suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never seen a link for suggestions but I was wondering this, When I go on a shopping spree I like to keep my new items say, building tools in a separate folder, you know to help organize my inventory. I create a new folder, name it,  then it moves itself automatically and alphabetically into 'All Items' .. But would be so nice if it would also appear in the 'Recent Items'  to make it easy to load with my newly acquired items. This would speed up the process of keeping our inventory's in order, to may anyway, so I ask, does this should like a good suggestion or would you even care? I generally am looking for feedback first before I go on. :matte-motes-grin:

Thank you.

Cinnamon Lohner wrote:

That could certainly be helpful, but opening a second inventory window is also an alternative since you can have one window open the the new folder and the other to Recent.

--Cinn

Yes this is true too, Just having too many windows open sometimes drives me batty lol. Thank you Cinn =)

if you create a folder and drop say your first item in that folder..the folder will show up in recent items list..

i use a folder the same way..mine is new from marketplace or new from inworld..

i always drop my first item in there..then the folder shows up so i can drag any new items into it..

unless you are asking if all the new items can just go right to that folder..

ya that would be something that would rock my world LOL

Yes I know, however finding the folder, moving but one item into it in an already full inventory is such a waste of time, sometimes in a rush I drop the item accidentally into the folder above or below or click outside the list and completely miss it. I just figured if one creates a folder for this, its a recent item, despite whether it be empty or not. lol. =)

ya i do end up saying that same thing to myself just about everytime i go shopping and make my folder..

what i am about to do is put everything that is in my objects folder into another folder and just use that as my shopping spree folder..

at least for the marketplace  it will be going to the same folder each time without having to chase marketplace stuff around..

Oh also you can try this little trick for moving more than one object into a folder..

say you buy a bunch of boots from one designer ..you can click the top set to highlight ..then go to the ones on the bottom and shift and right click and it should highlight all the ones inbetween and give you an icon that looks like a deck of cards ..then move to  the desired folder..

If I'm buying from the Marketplace, I always print out my cart list so that when I go to find my items in my huge inventory, all I have to do is enter the name of the new item to search for it in the inventory and up it comes.  But buying in SL is another deal -- you'd have to write down everything you buy so that you could search for each one......

Hope that helps some..  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.