Giving prizes and gifts, I need ideas :)

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, my solutions are not technically achievable. So I thought I would ask the group for suggested solutions. Here is my situation:

I have a dressmaker that will make dresses for me for a discount. She will make these dresses in the usual CopyMod NoTrans.

The dresses have to stay Copy Mod because they are complicated with several prims that would need adjustment to fit, etc.

I run some contests and would like to give these dresses away as prizes and gifts.

So the question is.....how can I purchase several copy/mod items and keep them for months at a time. Then I control who and when gets the gift/prize and can give it to them.

I want to protect the dressmaker, and make it as easy as possible for her to do this for me, and I want the prize reciepient to have an easy time getting the item.

Gift cards for L$ seem a little impersonal.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all you smart folks who take the time to teach the rest of us!

2 answers to this question

The dressmaker needs to give you the dress full perm.  There really isn't another alternative.  You can have 100 dresses in your inventory but if they are No Trans, you can never give them to anyone.  The alternative is No Copy/Trans.  If you did that, you could pay for 100 copies (for example) and as you transfer them, they would disappear out of your inventory until the 100 were gone.  But as you pointed out, if the dress needs adjusted in order to be worn then a No Copy is a little dangerous as the person receiving it could mis-adjust the only copy they have and not have a good way to recover from it.

You should work with the dressmaker on getting a full perm dress with the understanding that you will always distribute it with Next Owner permissions set to No Transfer.  Plan on paying more for the dress but if the dressmaker is doing this as a custom job, you should be able to negotiate a full perm price.

Edited to add: BTW  this is not that much different from texture artists that sell full perm textures with the understanding that the buyer may use the textures in their builds and sell those builds, but is not allowed to resell the textures themselves.  Yes, some people cheat, but the texture artists need to provide a usable product and only full perm works.

--Cinn

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.