Slooooooow

Wesli97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Listen, I love SL and I think it is an amazing game! I don't like complaining especially when I don't exactly know what I'm talking about. SL has it all: gorgeous graphics, tons of clothes, and very kind people! But there is one problem. SL is slow and can end up crashing. Now I know something like SL has TONS of programming and techie stuff to sort through while loading but a lot of times it ends up crashing. Now that was understandable on my old computer, but I just got a brand new computer and it still is very slow and crashes. I don't like using basic viewer because it doesn't have as many functions and I can't do as much, but the advanced version is slow. I don't like complaining but I just wanted to give you some truthful feed back as you develop SL!  Overall, SL has been awesome and I"ve enjoyed it A LOT!!

Before you start flipping through different viewers, you might want to see if your graphics card actually supports SL properly.  Just because the computer is new does not guarentee the graphics work well with SL.  In particular, certain Intel graphic chips sets will run SL and look great, but you will only be getting 4-5 frames per sec performance.  Hence the feeling that everything is running slow.

To check your FPS, log in and do a Ctrl-Shift 1.  FPS will be the first graph in the Statistics window that pops up.  You should have somthing over 30fps for SL to be comfortable to use.

--Cinn

Interesting info Cinnamon and I love your signature there!  It's cute!

I also wanted to add that I downloaded Google Chrome, set my default browser to Google Chrome, and then clicked on inworld tools use 'built-in browser' and sims load a whole lot faster!   Someone of the forums here told me that one of the built browsers inworld for SL in Google Chrome, so it seems to work faster for browsing inworld.  Things like opening profiles and some other things are still very slow for me, but after having installed Google Chrome and clicking on use built-in browser, I can browse SL inworld about 50 times faster.  You can try that also.  If it doesn't help, scratch, and check your graphics card, just like I'm going to do.

Mayalily wrote:

I may try this Phoenix viewer also.  It's going to be a whole new set of tools for me to learn tho, not to mention I've bought things that say for v2. 

No Problems then, Phoenix has all technical abilities of V2, primarily meant is the use of the Tattoo layer, or the use af alpha masks, that makes an item "for V2".

If you are used to V2, you might like to try the Firestorm viewer, as it mixes the look of V2 and V1, allowing you to customize its look.

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

I may try this Phoenix viewer also.  It's going to be a whole new set of tools for me to learn tho, not to mention I've bought things that say for v2. 

No Problems then, Phoenix has all technical abilities of V2, primarily meant is the use of the Tattoo layer, or the use af alpha masks, that makes an item "for V2".

If you are used to V2, you might like to try the Firestorm viewer, as it mixes the look of V2 and V1, allowing you to customize its look.

Wait. Again I'm confused. Are you saying that the regular Phoenix viewer supports multiple tattoo and alpha layers as well as multiple attachments? I've used it and unless I'm going crazy it has never worked. Their only product I've seen that work on is Firestorm, which it's anybody's guess when that will ever come out of beta.

I thought Phoenix was primarily V1 code with single tattoo and alpha layer functionality added in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.