Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I can't wait!!!  The line-up looks great, I have the day off work and finally decided to look for some low-lag hair and clothing...  I will probably show up barefoot...   It is better for hippie dancing, anyway.

Far out Cinn!  Barefoot is groovy!

Peace!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillon Levenque wrote:

rotpaulette Carter wrote:

Alright, bogart my place friend..

I looked for something that actually had the band (Fraternity of Man) on video but all I could find were clips from 'Easy Rider'. Then I saw this one here::

This may not be as revolutionary as Israel Kamakawiwo'ole doing 'Over the Rainbow', but you gotta love it (don't quit on the video until you've watched at least one minute). The spirit of the hippie lives on :-).  Ro-o-o-o--l-l-l-l-l-l H2.

I love that Dillon!  Far out!

Peace!

JeanneAnne wrote:

rotpaulette Carter wrote:

Alright, bogart my place friend..

HippieStockSmall.jpg

WoW!! I didn't think you could have this many Hippies on a sim without laggin it down...

(But really, I just wanted to make the 500th post. :womantongue: )

Jeanne

Congrats on the 500th post JeanneAnne!

Peace!

Wow!  9 days and 5 hours till Hippiestock 2! Also one more performer!

Welcome Senjeta Witt!

Here is some trivia about Woodstock 69

While The Greatful Dead did perform and were filmed for the woodstock movie (Jerry Garciacan be seen in brief interviews), the band members felt their performance was not to their normal standards. At the band's insistence, the footage was never used. However, some of their performance was included in the discs of extras that were released to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the festival.

The performances of  Jefferson Airplane and Janis Joplin were not seen in the original version of the film when it was released in 1970. Also, the Canned Heat song "Going Up the Country" was heard earlier in the movie but the band was not seen in the movie until the director's cut was released in 1994.

Grace Slick is seen in the original version of the film, but footage of her performing with Jefferson Airplane wasn't released until the director's cut debuted in 1994.

Even though Neil Young performed with Crosby, Stills and Nash at Woodstock, he was not in the movie. He is, however, on the soundtrack album performing with them on the songs "Sea of Madness" and "Wooden Ships".

Joni Mitchell was invited to play at the festival, but didn't perform because her manager was afraid that she would miss her national television debut on The Dick Cavett Show after he saw how bad the traffic was. She later wrote the song "Woodstock", which was a hit for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Graham Nash was her boyfriend at the time.

John Sebastian wasn't originally scheduled to perform. He was enlisted to perform when several of the acts were late in arriving due to the traffic going to the festival.

Richie Havens' song "Freedom" was totally improvised. He was called for so many encores that he ran out of songs to sing, so he just picked up his guitar and started singing "Freedom".

The Who's performance was interrupted by Yippie leader Abbie Hoffman. Hoffman ran onstage to make a speech about the recent marijuana arrest of radical John Sinclair. As Hoffman was shouting about Sinclair and his displeasure about the festival, Pete Townshend kicked him off the stage.

The festival was famous as a financial disaster. The film and soundtrack were the only items to make money, and they were also the only items that the concert promoters did not invest in - they thought there was no money in it.

The filmmakers and distributor were sued by the man who was interviewed while cleaning the Port-O-San portable latrines, on the grounds of mental anguish, embarrassment, public ridicule, and invasion of privacy. An appellate court opinion in this lawsuit may be read at Taggart v. Wadleigh-Maurice, Ltd., 489 F.2d 434 (3d Cir. 1973).

Jethro Tull was also invited to perform at the festival. However, lead singer Ian Anderson didn't want to perform in front of, as he termed them, "a bunch of unwashed hippies".

Enjoy some Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young!

H2 new.png

Come together people!  Smile on your brother!  Everybody get together!  Try to love one another, right now!

Jan. 21st!  Don't miss it!

Peace!

Hippie, I love learning stuff like that. Thanks :-). I'd seen a comment online while looking for songs earlier for this thread that the Doors were asked to go to Woodstock but they thought it would just be a low-level copy of the Monterey Pop Festival and declined (there are other explanations on the internet but that's the funniest). Not to take anything away from Monterey Pop; it WAS a model. But it was not Woodstock.

Ten days :-D

We are getting so close now. Just six more days. Here's another from Monterey; sound is a bit off especially at the start, but it's a good one for looks. Notice that most of the showy looks are on the guys—much like Elizabethan England. Females just needed to look female (a common theme throughout history).

Far out!   3 days till Hippiestock!  You may ask "What does it take to be a Hippie"?  Here it is in a nutshell. 

hippie.jpg

To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions. The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.

If you subscribe any of these ideals, then yes, you are a Hippie!  Dig!

Hippiestock 2!  January the 21st at 9 AM SLT!  Don't miss it!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.