Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Also, post here if you plan to attend Hippiestock II.

Good morning Hippie.

Please add me to the list.  Also, I have a friend who may be attending with me, but I'm going to send you a PM with his name, rather than post it here.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

If any one would like to contribute, come out to lagrange point, and go to the south side.  That is where it is!  Groovy!  Autoreturn is off, so if you have anything you would like to share with the event, and it is in hippie style, please do so!

^^This^^ I may do. 

If so, it would be something to honor Max Yasgur, who was a true libertarian, before anyone knew what a libertarian was. 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning Hippie.

Please add me to the list.  Also, I have a friend who may be attending with me, but I'm going to send you a PM with his name, rather than post it here.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

If any one would like to contribute, come out to lagrange point, and go to the south side.  That is where it is!  Groovy!  Autoreturn is off, so if you have anything you would like to share with the event, and it is in hippie style, please do so!

^^This^^ I may do. 

If so, it would be something to honor Max Yasgur, who was a true libertarian, before anyone knew what a libertarian was. 

Far out Celestiall!  You got it!  You are on the list!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning Hippie.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

^^This^^ I may do. 

:smileyvery-happy:

See you there.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning Hippie.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

^^This^^ I may do. 

:smileyvery-happy:

See you there.

You bet!

Peace!

You are being coy!  Why send in a PM when you could have shared your words with everyone here.  How you look forward to working with everyone, how you will smile and laugh the entire day.  After all, it was fun last year and this year at six hours it will be awesomesauce!

I just visited Hippie at the site.  It is a wonderful expanse of rolling green--even larger than last year's location.

I don't hesitate to acknowledge valuable contributions and a combined effort such as yours truly deserves special recognition indeed :-)

I am glad that you appreciate my heartfelt message to you and by all means, if you require any clarification on those sticky technical or legal issues I pointed out, I would be more than happy to help. It is the least I can do for someone such as yourselve? dontchyathink?.

I so look forward to your time spent onstage at H2. The site IS coming along wonderfully. I will drop a small original full perm clothing accessory item there soon for all to enjoy if it meets with Hippie and Keli's approval. Keli being the copyright holder of the original artwork of course. With all the borrowing going on within SL it is only fair I seek the permission of the copyright holders before using their original content :)

Thank you for your kind response! 8^)

I speak only for myself, Maryanne, although you may be accustomed to speaking for more than one..who can say?

Oh, I need no clarifications from you but I appreciate the offer!  I am certain you have offered your expertise in such matters to all of your friends.

Hippie has just the task for you during the event. One which will allow you to stretch your capabilities; perhaps even learn a new skill.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

I don't hesitate to acknowledge valuable contributions and a combined effort such as yours truly deserves special recognition indeed :-)

I am glad that you appreciate my heartfelt message to you and by all means, if you require any clarification on those sticky technical or legal issues I pointed out, I would be more than happy to help. It is the least I can do for someone such as yourselve...

I so look forward to your time spent onstage at H2. The site IS coming along wonderfully. I will drop a small original full perm clothing accessory item there soon for all to enjoy if it meets with Hippie and Keli's approval. Keli being the copyright holder of the original artwork of course. With all the borrowing going on within SL it is only fair I seek the permission of the copyright holders before using their original content
:)

I hope the live performers i.e., the professionals consider your appeal with regard to copyright.  The theft of 'anything' is unacceptable.   You seem to be going out of your way to make this event as memorable as HippieStock I.  Or, at least, the bad taste that was left in its aftermath.   You win two kudos.    

ETA: I am glad to see you are on the t-shirt detail this year. 

Hippie,

I appreciate your vision for this event.  You wanted six hours so more could attend.  You wanted a mix of live performers and DJs for variety.  Most of those who were asked to participate are known in the forum.  Forumites will decorate the venue you have generously provided and provide free gifts.  If we chant for rain, perhaps we will have a mudfest!

This is what makes Hippiefest a unique event.  I thank you for injecting the spirit and for listening.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

I am glad that you appreciate my heartfelt message to you and by all means, if you require any clarification on those sticky technical or legal issues I pointed out, I would be more than happy to help. It is the least I can do for someone such as yourselve? dontchyathink?.

I so look forward to your time spent onstage at H2. The site IS coming along wonderfully. I will drop a small original full perm clothing accessory item there soon for all to enjoy if it meets with Hippie and Keli's approval. Keli being the copyright holder of the original artwork of course. With all the borrowing going on within SL it is only fair I seek the permission of the copyright holders before using their original content
:)

In the four + years I have been in SL, Hippiestock I was the most fun event I have attended virtually.  It brought about those nostalgic feelings of community that seemed more present in the early days of SL.

What would be a huge **bleep**, both to Hippiestock as well as this informative thread, is if this petty, immature, passive-aggressive infighting, was to deter individuals from participating in what will no doubt be an awesome day of entertainment and community. 

Perhaps, this bizarre mating dance should be carried out in a throw away thread that no one else would care about?

Ima Rang wrote:

What would be a huge **bleep**, both to Hippiestock as well as this informative thread, is if this petty, immature, passive-aggressive infighting, was to deter individuals from participating in what will no doubt be an awesome day of entertainment and community. 

Perhaps, this bizarre mating dance should be carried out in a throw away thread that no one else would care about?

Excellent point, Ima....it would be a huge shame (and a bit ironic) if the silly bickering in this thread discouraged people from attending an event designed to bring everyone together. 

Venus Petrov wrote:

Hippie,

I appreciate your vision for this event.  You wanted six hours so more could attend.  You wanted a mix of live performers and DJs for variety.  Most of those who were asked to participate are known in the forum.  Forumites will decorate the venue you have generously provided and provide free gifts.  If we chant for rain, perhaps we will have a mudfest!

This is what makes Hippiefest a unique event.  I thank you for injecting the spirit and for listening.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Hippie,

Thank you Venus!  BTW, looking at muddy texture at the moment!  Would love to turn the place to mud for sure! Far out!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.