Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Hippiestock.jpg

Keli!  I love that!  Can we make it the Hippiestock logo?  Far out!

Peace!

Sure that would be far-out groovy man. Peace. :)

btw I made a post on your wall talking about it more in SLums you know the Social networking thing-a-ma-bob. ;)

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Celestiall, I really don't want to do this because it will put me into some strife, and strife is something I've done my best to avoid on the Forums and in SecondLife. I have jumped on a couple of people but only on blogs not connected/sponsored by SL. But since I know you and like you, and I also know Dee and I like her too, I'm just going to stick my nose in here.

On the person in question (and I have a pretty good idea who that is), I do think you are overstating the 'co-opting' of Hippiestock. That person had a lot to do with all of it, right from the start. I know this because I've been told so by someone who doesn't post on these forums any more but also had a bit to do with putting Hippiestock together and who is someone I'd never question. Personally, the few exchanges I've had with 'that person' have been amicable. Having said that...

I saw a lot of stuff on the old GD forums that made me turn away. That person was involved in some of that stuff and my recollection is 'that person' was usually responding, however viciously, to attacks. I didn't like it but somehow I got the idea that if there was even a hint of an injured party in all of that it was the person we're talking about. Again, I was not there for the start of all of the festivities. I don't recall seeing your name there anywhere and I am damn sure not going to go back to the archives and re-read any of those. It was bad enough seeing it once. And what you are talking about may not even be forum-related; for all I know you might have been harrassed inworld. If so, my next paragraph is meaningless.

I've never really gotten into a snark fight in the forums and I never will. I don't mind fighting; I just don't see the point of doing it here. I'll argue until I get tired of hitting the wall, but after that I'll just mouth off and ignore. Really, there are only a couple of people on the forums at all that I consider 'beyond the Pale' and one of those doesn't seem to be posting any more. Even so, if I knew those people would be at Hippiestock it would not in even a small way deter me from going. I suppose, if I knew one was an official Hippiestock organizer....yeah, that might put me off. Not sure. That thought came to me while I was typing the prior sentence. But since I WAS at Hippiestock '11 I know that organizers, managers, whatever, were all lost in the throng. I never even saw Hippie! It was an event. Armed with that memory I'd go to Hippiestock '12 even if I knew someone I completely despise was the official greeter.

I don't know if any of the above would be true had I been harassed inworld. That's what I meant earlier. Were that the case...dunno. Well, as usual, I've talked a lot and said not much. I hope some of this made sense. I also hope I don't lose any friends over this.

This post is utter nonsense. I know you think you got it right - but you don't.  

As a matter of fact it is posts like this that started the polemic before and after HippieStock.   

Sighs, and the dust was starting to settle and you had to come and poke it:(  Do you not think your words (in bold below) could also apply to your post? I do.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Celestiall,.......

As a matter of fact it is posts like this that started the polemic before and after HippieStock.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Sighs, and the dust was starting to settle and you had to come and poke it:(  Do you not think your words (in bold below) could also apply to your post? I do.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Celestiall,.......

No Dee, I think Dillons words restarted this.  Ostensibly, a year later the dust has not settled.  

I so agree with you Dee. Well said!

I realised I made one post too many on this topic, and fortunately it was ignored. I'd like to apologise to Hippie for being so negative.

Let's sit back and enjoy Keli's poster. Much more in spirit with Hippiestock.

I'm coming with you to apologise Lia:)

/Dee stares at Keli's H2 poster and finds herself drifting to a calm and happy place.

WARNING - do not spin Keli's poster when you stare at it I think there is a .............. so sleepy so tired...yes Keli you may have all my stuff

H2Spin.gif

Lia Abbot wrote:

I so agree with you Dee. Well said!

I realised I made one post too many on this topic, and fortunately it was ignored. I'd like to apologise to Hippie for being so negative.

Let's sit back and enjoy Keli's poster. Much more in spirit with Hippiestock.

That's okay Lia!  I know your heart is in the right place!  Far out!

Peace!

DQ Darwin wrote:

I'm coming with you to apologise Lia:)

/Dee stares at Keli's H2 poster and finds herself drifting to a calm and happy place.

WARNING - do not spin Keli's poster when you stare at it I think there is a .............. so sleepy so tired...yes Keli you may have all my stuff

H2Spin.gif

Hippie looks the the spinning H2 sign.  He is getting sleepy, sleepy, sleepy.......  <snore>

Peace!

Storm Clarence wrote:

A much better post this time.  Let's stick to what we are good at.

1)  /me scrolls up to see what Dillon was talking about. Umm.. That can't be right,..

2) /me clicks on viwer message button.

3) /me rofl :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.