Best rate buying

AradiaEver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So on may 3rd I used the best rate buy to get linden dollars and the estimated time it gave me was 2 days but it’s now been 3 and I’m wondering how long I’ll have to actually wait if the estimated time is wrong. 

3 answers to this question

From the Knowledge base article...

LindeX transactions are between Residents, which means someone has to be willing to buy or sell L$ at the price you want in order for your order to complete. Because LindeX exchange rates fluctuate, you may have to wait for some time before your Limit Buy (Best Rate Buy) or sell completes at your desired rate. If you set your minimum exchange rate too high, your transaction may be delayed indefinitely because there are no buyers or sellers willing to pay that price. To complete your transaction more quickly, you can adjust your rate settings by canceling your order and making a new one.

• Thanks 1

The estimated time is just that ... an estimate.  It's based on the state of the market at the time you placed your bid.  Since then there could have been large bids with a higher priority than yours (offering to buy at a lower rate), or there could be fewer people offering to sell at the price you bid.  Things change.  Sometimes they change a lot.  Be patient.

ETA:  I should probably add that unless you are buying quite a lot of L$, it probably isn't worth using the Limit Buy option. Your savings over the Market Buy rate are going to be on the order of pennies.  The Limit Buy/Sell options are most attractive when you are selling tens of thousands of L$ (for example, when you need to sell L$ to pay your region land fees).  When you're in that territory, you can save $10 or more on a transaction.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AradiaEver said:

So on may 3rd I used the best rate buy to get linden dollars and the estimated time it gave me was 2 days but it’s now been 3 and I’m wondering how long I’ll have to actually wait if the estimated time is wrong. 

Any estimate over a day can take anywhere from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks, or even longer. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.