Need a script that pays a person that leaves a tip.

Brendan Easterling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've looked for a while now and can't find anything. I'm not even certain it can exist. Anyway...

OK - No laughing ;)

I need a script that allows someone to tip an object (jar / whatever)  L$1 and automatically pays the tipper L$10 (of my money).

L$1 in L$10 out. 

Obviously it would need to only work once per person (ideally once per person including alts with that IP thing). 

Anything like that already exist / pr that I could (somewhat easily) modify?

If it doesn't exist how much should I expect to pay someone to write it?

Thanks for reading / helping!

This isn't the right forum for requests like this - this forum is for publishing and discussing scripts that a scripter is willing to publish ... - not for requesting complete scripts or scripters to do work - you would post such request here or here respectively. But you might have realized that looking at the answers you got, that would help you scripting what you want rather than getting it.

not much like it exists, but it is pretty simple to keep a list of avatar names that have already used it, simply search the list and if not found add them and go ahead and do your money giving. the list will need to be capped but that is also fairly easy... you can get more complex by hashing the names or keys to store more avatar names before old ones get dumped (although you should be able to get ~600 easily in a basic list)

I would recommend putting some kind of tracking of how much money goes out, and cap it if it goes over a certain limit.

payment for such a thing if you aren't wanting to make it yourself is up to the person scripting it, but I doubt anyone would charge you much. post in the employment forum if you are interested in that route.

You mention alts and IP's. Well, if you use a website you might be able to do it, but I am not sure of how you would implement it.

There are IP checking devices, I know of one from PM sands. But you really can get a new IP on some ISP's and also use TOR and similar methods. Anyone knowing and wanting to rip it off (if this is what you need to stop) then...well, you might have a hard time doing this and keep it user freindly and private.

But, I don't know how much it would cost...you will get more help with that by posting a wanted ad I bet!

There are a few issues with that:

1. IP and alt are two things that are at the best loosely connected: Same IP does not mean same RL person (think about shared internet connections) and different IPs don't mean different people (I just have to recopnnect to get a new IP address)
  2. It seems that LL has decided that such devides are against the ToS - at least the notorious RedZone and similar devices have been banned. If you want to know more about that, just search the archives and take off at least a weak to read up ;)

P.S.: This is still not the correct forum - even the Moderator didn't really rad the OP *snickers*

actually I requested the move here, because it was already becoming about how to do it and I was hoping to encourage the OP to try their hand at writing it (since it's pretty simple).... they didn't ask directly if someone would make it for them, only if it existed or how much something like that might cost... I figured it was a lesser evil to redirect that part of the question.

as for the IP detection portion, it could be done within TOS so long as it's not reporting to anyone who is who, but hooking that up to tipping would be a major pain, and as noted, not very reliable... many people running bot armies are also using proxies and can change their displayed IP quite easily.

Ah, the IP bit...well, the easiest issue is to maybe use a ID system and maybe even a third party ID company....but, wow...this might be hard to really expect people to use lol. I remember the issues with SL's third party age verification...wow, I would not want to submit ID for something inworld that is sort of a fun and no so RL stress related, which is what I assume you are making...a fun device of some sort.

Plus, some can make bots (not SL ones, but web using ones) and then just auto generate the registration/sign up bit as well. But, you know some will not bother as it takes to much time and not enough reward...so, this might work but will still put a damper on things and possibly reduce usage figures.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to post here if its unwanted but some options from a current scripted work of mine. I have been offline for over 2 years. And just recently back in the SL world. So while most my old works still function I felt the need to give them nicer models before relisting. One of them actually was my tip system. In that when mono was not even around its storage was still very massive to that of other lsl databases. Additionally had a friend benchmark the script with typical populated data and it was at only .004 ms running. The most current thing I am working on is a networked rental system. Anyways to sum things up. It has a configurable math scheme whereby a user if desired can configure the payment desired. And from what i understand of the give a gift item. You want it to send a user a dialog that asks if its ok to give them a gift on tip [ yes | no ]. And if they select yes it would send this gift. Am I not correct?

The current database can store around 1400+ segments of data (or 700+ key=value pairs).

There is a thing I noticed is that in resident usage that is long stored has a degrading factor. Though I noticed this with lsl, I have not played with mono enough to know of such degradation. So what ends up happening at the database level is micromanagement of datas. And have found it to be a nifty little tool. Some will say its not possible to have a low memory database script with large amounts of data. And I will simply ask them are you so sure about that? And what schemes have you tried? Reason for this is also when I was in Palace. A 2D chat program. Rooms were also limited by memory. So only so much could be delivered at one time. I found two methods of a solution. In which one was taking data and pushing it about within containers. The other was using a method that used a persons cyborg (a user side script). Which combined datas could then be exchanged and managed to allowing a greater room limit of interactivity. I like to figure limits and work on solutions. Not simply sit there and say it can not be done. Because like my good mother has always told me. Anything is possible. Sure possible also has only so much head room to it. Though I hardly feel people always hit that head room with their scripts. Because then we would have highly efficient scripts not ones we go "why do they even have this piece of crap". And am I saying I am good, or the greatest thing since buttered toast .. nope not at all. I'd rather just say I like coming up with effective solutions that challenge me. Because its fun.

Most of my items that use a database had used this system. I am now working on a much grander and scalable system. I designed a server(PHP/MySQL) & client(MONO/FP Database (my custom database)) system. That will be used as I noted previously for a networked rental system. Though from what I see is most highly configurable scripts make themselves a daunting task. I want to challenge myself to make that a far easier task without sacrificing detail.

To some may seem like a shameless plug but its on line and target with the OP requests with a bit of background.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SecondAds-Tip-Jar-System-Copy-Edition/2603594

May you all find much joy in this day and in your lives =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.