Second Life will not run! I get pop ups saying it stopped working! Help?!

DarkStare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I try to run Second Life I get two pop ups. One says second life stopped working and the other prompts me to send an error report. When I try to send an error report it says the server cannot be found. I have checked my firewall and it is not blocking this program, there is nothing wrong with my graphics card, and I have updated to the new SL viewer...and still the game will not run. Please help me fix this problem! I have not been on this game in over a month!!

The pop up is a windows popup, nothing from Second Life. The problem started in the old viewer and installing the new one did not help. Yes, the install did go smoothly with no problems. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled.

2 answers to this question

I'm not a computer mechanic but I can try to help. :smileyhappy:

Are you able to make in Inworld and then you get the pop-up?

The pop-up is that from SL or is it a message from your pc?

Lots of lightning storms here; did the Install of V2 go smoothly with no interruptions? Have you tried to clean un-install and re-install V2? Clear cache? Change your start location? Unplug and re-plug your modems power source? getting desperate now.

Switch back to the old viewer? At Downloads and in there is a link to where the old viewer is.

note: Voice will need access or it keeps pestering the system.

Knowl rattled off a lot of questions..........most of which are very good to know if anyone is going to help much more. I would say the most important question(s) are: What does the pop-up say, exactly. Is it a Windows pop-up or one from your viewer? And what happens if you decline to send the crash report?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.