Issues with all viewers crashing my PC on Application launch

GazRettah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been running into this frustrating issues with Black Dragon, Firestorm, and the Default Second life viewer that causes my PC to completely crash (instantly turns monitors black and stops all programs and Audio while the PC does remain active and powered itself).

It started yesterday after I accidently pressed 8k quality on a screenshot, which caused it to do the same thing, however that first time I was able to log back into second life to get my screenshot and log out. I've also been able to play other games like Insurgency Sandstorm and Resident Evil 4 Remake with no issue. So the issue is specifically isolated to launching second life an any capacity and I cannot pin point the issue.

My gpu is a Radeon 5700xt and I've rolled back my drivers to update 22.11.1, I've done a clean install of every launcher which included going into my appdata and deleted Local and roaming, did a complete uninstall of my drivers and then installed the 22.11.1 drivers for amd, and everything I've tried has the same results.

the only progress I've made is now on firestorm I can at least get to the log in screen and attempt to launch in safe mode and access the debug menu but it still results in the same issue, I've been at this for the last two days now and I'm at wits end. I could really use some help 

Edited by GazRettah

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, GazRettah said:

I've been running into this frustrating issues with Black Dragon, Firestorm, and the Default Second life viewer that causes my PC to completely crash (instantly turns monitors black and stops all programs and Audio while the PC does remain active and powered itself).

It started yesterday after I accidently pressed 8k quality on a screenshot, which caused it to do the same thing, however that first time I was able to log back into second life to get my screenshot and log out. I've also been able to play other games like Insurgency Sandstorm and Resident Evil 4 Remake with no issue. So the issue is specifically isolated to launching second life an any capacity and I cannot pin point the issue.

My gpu is a Radeon 5700xt and I've rolled back my drivers to update 22.11.1, I've done a clean install of every launcher which included going into my appdata and deleted Local and roaming, did a complete uninstall of my drivers and then installed the 22.11.1 drivers for amd, and everything I've tried has the same results.

the only progress I've made is now on firestorm I can at least get to the log in screen and attempt to launch in safe mode and access the debug menu but it still results in the same issue, I've been at this for the last two days now and I'm at wits end. I could really use some help 

Not a tech guru :D but when I have issues like these I run a "clean up and repair program". For me it is Glary Utilities (free version) but I imagine there are others out there.  That has fixed NUMEROUS problems for me -- in my case mostly because of Windows 11 updates).  Usually it is something wrong with the registry and fixing THAT, solves the issue.

So you might give that a try. It sounds like it might do the trick but again this is not my area of expertise. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:10 PM, GazRettah said:

Have you tried Catznip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.