Access to Linden Water between 2 sims

Krissy Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, ive recently bought land from Linden Labs. I picked a spot next to my friend. There is one space between us. My question is there a way we can fly/swim/boat across to each others sims? We dont need to build etc, just to access each others sims. My sim is Rockleigh Downs Australia. See image attached.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 9.10.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 1.21.00 pm.png

5 answers to this question

That separation isn't Linden water, it's "void"—like Oakland, there's no there there. So in that state, there's no way to "fly/swim/boat" across there. There are two options I can think of:

1. You pay to install an OpenSpace region there. I'm not even sure these are still for sale, and you'd need to pay a monthly fee. I'm not sure if both the existing regions are owned by the same Estate, but if so, they may be able to arrange this for you. (If not, that would add a step of getting both Estates to agree to having adjacent regions.)
  2. You give up on "fly/swim/boat" and instead live with the magic of Experience-based "portal"-like teleports. You walk through a cloud, big "whoosh", emerge from a cloud in the other region. It's possible to adorn this with a fake train/boat/plane ride (not sure how I'd do swimming) with the "vehicle" in place of the "cloud" portal, but it's all arbitrarily hokey / compelling depending how much work is invested in the illusion.

[EDIT: I spaced it off but you already said you bought your region from the Lab, and visiting the neighboring region, it too appears to be a single-homestead estate. If these are both Premium Plus homesteads there'd be no way to do the OpenSpace yourselves, and I'm not sure whether other Estates would rent them for that location—but it would be interesting to try.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ordering adjacent regions

It is possible for two people to order adjacent Private Regions. The first person must:

1. Order a Private Region, then log into the Second Life website and click the Land Manager tab.
  2. Click the My Regions tab.
  3. Click the estate name of the estate for which you want to allow neighbors.
  4. In the Allowed Neighbors column, click the edit link for a specific region.
  5. Type the name of the Resident you want to allow as a neighbor, then click Add.
  6. Click Close.

The second person must

1. Order a Private Region as described in Purchasing from the land store.
  2. During the ordering process, you may place your new region adjacent to the first person's region.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

One solution that Qie didn't mention...move one of the regions so that the two of them share a border. You don't gain a whole region of water that you could sail across, but if you terraform things so that one region has its land mostly to the west and other has its land area mostly to the east, you still have a large-ish bay between them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I've looked into getting ocean but it's not available in the spot between us. Im guessing Id have to contact Linden Labs. I thought it would be fun to have distance to sail over. Trying to get around spending the money on moving the sim. Cause im aussie its nearly double price :(

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.