Are There Any Free Male Mesh Bodies???

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm helping someone in world with a mesh head.. They currently have a full mesh avatar..

They went and had picked up the Strong Gift Head from Genus.. So now I need to find them a free mens mesh body..

I was hoping someone here could tell me if there are any, Because i can't remember any, since I don't really shop for men..

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm helping someone in world with a mesh head.. They currently have a full mesh avatar..

They went and had picked up the Strong Gift Head from Genus.. So now I need to find them a free mens mesh body..

I was hoping someone here could tell me if there are any, Because i can't remember any, since I don't really shop for men..

Classic body by Legacy creators. It's revamped old TMP body with alpha cuts, bom and everything else. Obviously there's nearly zero new content for it, but with the use of alphas/alpha cuts it should fit some free clothes at least.

It won't fit female heads, which Genus gift head is, though. And not sure a choker will be enough to mask it as the difference between female and male neck fits is quite large.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Classic body by Legacy creators. It's revamped old TMP body with alpha cuts, bom and everything else. Obviously there's nearly zero new content for it, but with the use of alphas/alpha cuts it should fit some free clothes at least.

It won't fit female heads, which Genus gift head is, though. And not sure a choker will be enough to mask it as the difference between female and male neck fits is quite large.

Thank you..

Ya, someone in the group mentioned those and we grabbed the two they had there..

Someone else mentioned the DNA by signature also that we may go get also..

You haven't heard of any Free Male heads have you?

I forgot about the necks.. lol

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know but I checked on Marketplace and found a Fitmesh Free Male Full Avatar.  It's free, maybe they can try it.  I'm not even sure what it is exactly though.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/onupup-MALE-FREE-SLUV-BENTO-FITMESH-FULL-AVATAR/13899082

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you..

Ya, someone in the group mentioned those and we grabbed the two they had there..

Someone else mentioned the DNA by signature also that we may go get also..

You haven't heard of any Free Male heads have you?

I forgot about the necks.. lol

Not sure if you've seen the free Altamura avatars or not, but...they're a thing. I believe they're at the freebie store in the London sim.

I don't think the heads come off, tho...lol. So we're talking limited! But...free, so...hey? Pretty sure they're still there. I grabbed the Jenny avatar recently to use the free face AO HUD until my neko head gets its animation update.

Try this LM - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/London City/47/248/24

Blog post with info - https://ryanschultz.com/2018/08/30/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-london-city-freebies/

robert-and-jenny-altamura-fullbody-mesh-

• Thanks 3

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Not sure if you've seen the free Altamura avatars or not, but...they're a thing. I believe they're at the freebie store in the London sim.

I don't think the heads come off, tho...lol. So we're talking limited! But...free, so...hey? Pretty sure they're still there. I grabbed the Jenny avatar recently to use the free face AO HUD until my neko head gets its animation update.

Try this LM - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/London City/47/248/24

Blog post with info - https://ryanschultz.com/2018/08/30/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-london-city-freebies/

robert-and-jenny-altamura-fullbody-mesh-

Ya, that's what they had on was one of those.

I was helping them in the group at first and  they kept saying they still had the splotches even after having all the the alphas removed and  turned BOM on..

I finally had to have them go to the store and seen they had two kinds of mesh on.. then asked if they had a full mesh avatar on and they said yes.. hehehehe

So I was just trying to find them a body for the Strong gift head..

They had to go do something else, so I'll see if they IM me back or not..

If not, I'll save the information for the next one that comes along.. :)

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, that's what they had on was one of those.

I was helping them in the group at first and  they kept saying they still had the splotches even after having all the the alphas removed and  turned BOM on..

I finally had to have them go to the store and seen they had two kinds of mesh on.. then asked if they had a full mesh avatar on and they said yes.. hehehehe

So I was just trying to find them a body for the Strong gift head..

They had to go do something else, so I'll see if they IM me back or not..

If not, I'll save the information for the next one that comes along.. :)

Ugh. The entire process is so exhausting. Dressing my own self is starting to get on my nerves lately, even. It's always such a joy to log in somewhere else and land right smack in a character creator. Maybe I need another vacation. 😄

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ugh. The entire process is so exhausting. Dressing my own self is starting to get on my nerves lately, even. It's always such a joy to log in somewhere else and land right smack in a character creator. Maybe I need another vacation. 😄

I start a new job on monday, so I'm hoping the time away from things will be a nice refresher.. I'll probably mostly just log on around the weekends like before..

I spent way too much time  in SL during my recovery to get back to work.. lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So now I need to find them a free mens mesh body

During the Christmas 2022 sales season, I upgraded a male alt for FREE with a / HEAD / lel EvoX QUINN and a [BODY] Classic (m). Clothes are more of a challenge.

carson body shot_001.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I don't know but I checked on Marketplace and found a Fitmesh Free Male Full Avatar.  It's free, maybe they can try it.  I'm not even sure what it is exactly though.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/onupup-MALE-FREE-SLUV-BENTO-FITMESH-FULL-AVATAR/13899082

one small remark on that page: Parts cannot be worn with other bodies
that might be a problem with fitting the other head...
but it's free, so no loss when it looks wrong.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Well, somebody could try it.  Those Altamura bodies in this thread for male and female are also with head.  For free, you try different things.  You can start to get an idea of what you like.  Also, the Altamura female has some clothes if one reads the blog.  I couldn't see many clothes for the Altamura male on MP.  So, there might be some bodies with heads free but there aren't hardly any or no clothes...?

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

There are free male and female mesh and BoM enabled Ruth and Roth bodies at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/109/175/28 The packages contain both body and head or just body with alpha huds. Finding fitted mesh clothing is a bit challenging though one creator did say she would be doing up some basic tops and bottoms very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Oh, sorry, miscommunication on my part.  I didn't mean try it with the strong head which is what you were thinking.  I meant try it to see if they like it better because I didn't see any free male mesh bodies on MP.  I know of Ruth for females but now Arielle has given us more information that there is also a Roth.

Clothes could be a problem, however.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

Men can just as well pay 1500L for Belleza Jake and be done with that. It is the cheapest body.

Since it is one of the most popular bodies, it can be outfitted totally in weekend sales, and I am sure it is lots of freebies and cheapies on the MP. It is easy to set up a full wardrobe, shoes, piercings, tattoos, rings... all you need.

Unless the point is to not spend money on SL at all. Personally, I would be exhausted of this searching game, to find a free body, and then search high and low to find free stuff for it.

But that's me.

A head is more expensive than a body. And a female head will not fit a male body neck*. No way. So I would not use a head at all, until it is a sale or a group gift on offer.

------------------------------------------------------------

*It's a new male body that has two neck options, but it cost more than Belleza Jake. And it is not made much content for it yet.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Men can just as well pay 1500L for Belleza Jake and be done with that. It is the cheapest body.

Oh that's a reasonable price. I was trying to update an old male alt on the cheap but yes, total pain in one way or another with the freebie bodies.

• Like 1

I agree with @Marianne Little on the Jake body. Despite being a nonfreebie, it is the best option for saving one's sanity when looking for skins, clothes, and accessories to wear with it.  The TMP dollarbie would be the next runner up; you'll have to hunt hard to find older releases to dress it. The onupup and Roth would make you rage quit in frustration.

As for the heads, though the Genus female freebie head can be forced to fit a male body with the help of Apricot Paws neck fix there are a few free or dollarbie male heads on MP to choose from. These should tie them over until a better deal comes along.

Vista Bento Head Chris Basic:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BASIC-VISTA-BENTO-HEAD-CHRIS-BASIC-V13b-box/22010210

The Black Sheep by UnPandaRojo Resident:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/231700

Murder of Ravens (non-bento):
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MORkrankhaus-Shiro-Kuro-Heads/9715350

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So I would not use a head at all, until it is a sale or a group gift on offer.

I forgot I did this for a long time, at first before mesh heads were even such a big thing and then a while after. One thing: with BOM, it's possible to play with face skins that will work on both the system head and a mesh head except for the weird UV maps used in LeLutka's EvoX and some other "HD" head models.

(It makes the conspiracy theorist in me suspect the whole custom UV map could have been a lock-in ploy. I mean, when you look at the UV maps, yeah the new maps have some advantages over the old standard system UV map, a better distribution of area to detail, but it's not the revolution it's cracked up to be, and it sure causes a lot of problems—or opportunities, if you want people to buy only your proprietary-wrapped heads in future. That's a gutsy move, only possible for a player with serious market power. IMHO)

Anyway, I agree about the Jake body, also because it comes with a Mod perm copy so a buyer won't get stranded when the technology outpaces the body creator. You will be able to install PBR materials on Jake, whether Belleza is ready for that or not. No idea how that content will appear: are we expecting glTF BoM now? The NUX avatars are promised to be PBR-ready, so this isn't merely hypothetical.

A NUX avatar was the other thing I wanted to mention. They're supposed to appear "soon" for unknown values of "soon" but my money is on SL20B in June. Not that far away from mid-April, and they'll be "free" as in beer (and one hopes "free" as in Mod-perm).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My freebie guy manages OK with the Meshbody, and gets his clothes from low-end template places which still put TMP fits in their lucky chairs, lol. (Still a lot of alpha-ing involved, so perhaps not ideal for noobs.) He rocked an Altamura head for a while before picking up a gift from Logo, but that was a few years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if Catwa did another giveaway soon, given their current struggles, but it's not something I'd be banking on and their 'unisex' heads tend to skew feminine (though probably less so than Genus Strong). So, yeah, I'd be hanging on for NUX, on the assumption that that will be coming marginally sooner than the next LeL gift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't read this thread so might be repeating. Altamura still has some free one out at "newbie" place I think. Check  the bottom of this thread for that and others. 

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/the-fabfree-mesh-body-and-head-listing/

ALSO it won't be long (hopefully) until the new Linden avatars come on board.  Hoping that will coincide with SL20B but that is only a guess -- no inside intel.  

Good luck.   

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Anyway, I agree about the Jake body, also because it comes with a Mod perm copy so a buyer won't get stranded when the technology outpaces the body creator.

Jake might suffer from the lack of new content whenever Belleza releases male gen X body, though. Assuming they did learn from the catastrophic release of female gen X bodies and will offer some kind of an upgrade path for the Jake users, then the new releases for Jake will stop shortly after.

There's also another factor when it comes to actually buying a body (freebies don't count, can't be too picky about those given the lack of options) - if it's actually appealing to the potential buyer. For example I do not like Jake at all. All Belleza bodies have a "bubble butt" that I'm not very fond of, but it's especially weird looking on the male body in my opinion. Gianni has a weird torso/arms, too. So I personally like Legacy male bodies, except the price. Not sure if they'll have a Spring Fair this year, but last two they did along with 50% sale which makes it close enough to the forever discounted Jake.

28 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

(It makes the conspiracy theorist in me suspect the whole custom UV map could have been a lock-in ploy. I mean, when you look at the UV maps, yeah the new maps have some advantages over the old standard system UV map, a better distribution of area to detail, but it's not the revolution it's cracked up to be, and it sure causes a lot of problems—or opportunities, if you want people to buy only your proprietary-wrapped heads in future

The difference is there. As much as 1024x1024 allows at least. It also makes working on the makeup/tattoos for the face much easier because default SLUV is plain terrible. Some makeup creators I know are still happy to this day about this fact. Separate layer for the ears makes it possible to have all nice content for them too; tattoos and some fantasy stuff that is not blurry like it is on the default UV. And all EvoX heads come with an option to swap to the default UV, so can't say that conspiracy theory holds up very well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.