How is a day-old avatar able to rez multiple objects on my sim without having any land permissions?

ShirtlessTicklishTx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today a day-old avatar came and rezzed two very large boxes on my sim even though the avatar is not in the group the parcel is deeded to and even though the avatar also has no permissions in the region settings.  I checked all the settings carefully and am quite positive that in both parcel settings and region settings only certain avatars can rez, as in members of the land group and estate managers.  This avatar was neither.

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, ShirtlessTicklishTx said:

Today a day-old avatar came and rezzed two very large boxes on my sim even though the avatar is not in the group the parcel is deeded to and even though the avatar also has no permissions in the region settings.  I checked all the settings carefully and am quite positive that in both parcel settings and region settings only certain avatars can rez, as in members of the land group and estate managers.  This avatar was neither.

Did the avatar possibly rez the boxes next to your area and then move them into your parcel?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did the avatar possibly rez the boxes next to your area and then move them into your parcel?

Yes, I think that is what happened.  I had thought that all five parcels in my sim had Object Entry for Everyone unchecked, but after I asked the question here I found that in two of the five parcels it was checked after all.  Needless to say it is now unchecked in all five parcels, lol.  My apologies for asking what turned out to be an unnecessary question here.

• Like 1

The usual solution is to set object return time to 10-30 minutes or so. People can still move junk onto your property, but it will disappear after a while. This seems to be sufficient to discourage griefing. If you turn off object entry, ban lines appear.

My land is usually 30 minute autoreturn, build and object entry allowed. Plus an NPC that comes and says hello, to give the impression that Someone Is Watching.

I've had few griefing problems. A new user once rezzed a large house on top of my place. They were just confused about what to do with buildings. I took them to one of the region-sized Linden sandboxes and explained a few things, and they went away happy.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.