Getting porblem in uploading textures in SL. i tried to upload textures and my viewr crashed

john1 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi i am getting problem in uploading textures in sl.I tried phonix viewer 1.5.2.1102 and imprudence too but when i try to upload my viewers suddenly crashes. i never got this problem in past but now days i cant upload any texture in Sl now days plz help me in inworld as John1 avon or on forums too as soon as possible

2 answers to this question

There have been a few reports of this sort of behavior  (see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23354, for example), but there's no indication that it's a system problem.  Problems with uploading/downloading files are often due to a weak or intermittent Internet connection, so that's the first thing I would check.  If you're on a wireless connection, switch now to a direct cable connection instead.  That will eliminate interference from cell phones, garage door openers, etc.  Reboot your router and modem too by unplugging both for a few minutes.  Check your cables to be sure they are plugged in well and that your two-year-old hasn't been chewing on them.

If those steps don't help, you may have to consider deleting and reinstalling your viewers.  I know that you said that you have tried two different viewers, but they do share some files and a corruption in one may have affected the other. 

Hello john. As suggested in jira, clear your cache (better manually) and see if that helps:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lose all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.