how do i meet new people

KamiyaSweetheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I would say, first login with Advanced mode so you can use the Search and Map. Then go to really busy placed with real traffic.

Some good places are: Muddy's, Dublin, Club Industry, Titanic to begin with. You might not prefer the music style, but you can meet new friends. Or go to Chat places and Events.

Unfortunate SL is very huge and deserted. A lot of users concentrate at specific places.

All can be found in Search, but you have to login as advanced first. That button can found at the bottom of your login screen, it's a green button.

Just say Hi, but don't expect that every new friend is to last long. From 100 friends just a handful are still on my list today to stay. Be selective, start a chat first, talk about interests et cetera. Take time like RL

Just take your time...

• Like 1

Walk up and say Hi.   It works for me.  :smileywink:

If you're shy, learn to look at profiles first.  A person's profile says a lot about how the person thinks about herself (or himself), what her interests are, what sort of groups she is in, and where she likes to spend time.  If the person's profile makes you interested, try using something in it as an icebreaker to start a conversation .

Fill in your own profile and give other people a chance to see who you are.  Maybe they'll break the ice first.

Look for a group that shares one of your interests, like boating, or fashion, or genealogy, or the Old West.  Contact the group's owner to find out about events or other activities you can be part of.  Join the group.

Go to live events (music, yard sales, classes, sports contests) and say Hi to people who seem interesting.

• Like 1

Another specific suggestion is Ambrosia Dance Club. It is open 24/7 and the DJs and dancers there are from all over the world. Take time to rez when you land, walk down the long black carpet to the club (do not fly, it is rude to run into people, even in SL), and have fun. The dancers are there to greet you, answer questions, and make you feel at home. Newbies are always welcome!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.