Linden Realms Green Gems?

Calirine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone else think it's crap that for the first quest in Linden realms, you need at least 1 green gem to be able to go forward? Every single time I go into Linden realms and start the quests I can NEVER find any darn green gems. How are you supposed to complete the quests if you can't even find what you need for the first quest to begin with?

• Like 1

There are no green or blue crystals in the LR 181 - LR 192 estate. I have been looking for about 10 hours now, with a dozen visits.  Don't waste your time if you are sent to this LR estate.  LL is saving huge amounts of Lindens (which cost them nothing) by sending you on this wild goose chase. 

The LR 161 - LR 172 Realms estate does have green and blue crystals. It usually takes about an hour to find one, but they at least are rezzed there..   You just have to wait until the Lindens decide to open this estate, and close the broken one.

QC in the Realms?  Haven't seen a Linden or mole in the LR all year.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

am amazed Linden Realms still exists, I would have imagined it was a huge embarrassment, I enjoyed it. Is there a landmark?

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Portal Park 2/82/131/53

It is still simple fun and works as usual, but they have done several things to reduce your payout for your time in the last 2 years.  They would rather you buy a Premium membership and get a 300 L$ stipend per week, instead of earning 100 L$ per week in the Realms and Paleoquest.   Bean counters in charge now...

Added:  Yes Paleoquest quest pays 50 L$ per week, and takes anywhere from 15 mins to an hour to complete, depending on your skill and luck.

Linden Realms pays 25 $L/week for completing the quests, and you can collect enough crystals while completing the quests for another 25 $L.  The quests take about 20 mins, and add another 2 hours to get 25 $L worth of crystals, for 50 $L/week.  You can not start the quests until you have at least one green crystal, and you cannot cash in any crystals until you complete a quest every 7 days.  So if there are no green crystals to be found, you get nothing for your time.  Once you complete the quests, you can just collect unlimited crystals for the week.  With skill you can collect about 12 $L per hour chasing crystals.  It used to be 25 $L per hour, but they have effectively reduced the number of crystals that rezz per hour, which increases your time in game to about double what it once was for the same number of crystals.   They also cut the payout from 50 $L to 25 $L to complete the weekly quest.  Reason given was to stop cheaters. 

Walmart has a theft problem, so their solution was to close stores, cut the number of employees, and replace them with computer checkout terminals, where most of the theft occurs.  Must be the same management school for both.

LL is big on wage Deflation for residents... Creators and entertainers are seeing the same wage deflation, for other reasons (fees, low retention, weekend events, and RL inflation for the $L buyers. )

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.