Second Life Map Copyright?

Braclo Eber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings,

Being very interisted in maps and Second Life's geography, I was wondering if I am allowed to create maps of screenshots I take from SLurl, edit them, and sell them. I want to make maps of continents, Areas, Different types of maps, etc.

Thanks,

-Braclo.

EDIT: Since Second Life Answers handle replies so bad, I decided to move this to the forum, where I can actually communicate with people >.>

7 answers to this question

As was already mentioned, the New Citizen Center has such a map of the layout of the "world".  But if your plan is to create a master list of everything to see and do, you are doomed from the start.  Stuff opens and closes with such frequency that you'll never be able to keep up with the changes.  And any static book or map you create will be worthless in less then 6 months. 

As an example, take the book "Second Life: the Official Guide", published only 3 years ago.  Almost all the sites mentioned in the book are long gone already, and the book is useless except as a primer for v1 viewers.  I keep my book mainly because one day, whatever second life grows up to become, I'll have a hard record of what it started out as. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply,

As I said to Venus Petrov, I know about NCI's maps which is good, dont get me wrong, I just want to try my hand with the maps.

And I want to focus on the continents and the world, make different types of maps and so on, since like you said, its useless making a detailed map.

I just need to know if I am allowed to make maps like that and sell, or even make free if I decide to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.