What guidelines could there be for reselling gacha-like complete sets?

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello!

I have a similar question in the commerce>merchants part of the forum, but it dawns on me that I might only attract answers from other merchants there... I'm also interested in what consumers might think...

In general, what guidelines do you use to figure out a fair/"worth-it" price, when buying a complete set of gacha-like items?  I'm not so sure that everyone is like me and would buy the hard-to-find/get something that they want, at whatever the price.  I would, however, like to be fair on the price RE: both the consumer and creator/reseller sides.

And does it matter to you whether or not all the boxes have been opened in the complete set that you're buying?  Should I include the original boxes, or is that cheesy?  Or is it better to sell the complete set with the 3 irreplaceable ones that I opened, and then everything else in the set of 14 unopened (and, of course, specify such)... or am I overthinking this and perhaps comparing it to RL too much?

...Thank you for your thoughts!  :) 

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield

2 answers to this question

It's super subjective.

Check if there are other full sets like you're trying to sell. If not, consider prices on the individual items and multiply that by some amount. How many items are in the set? Consider how much money you spent in trying to get the set, but you can sell those other duplicates, so you don't need to recover any "losses" in your pricing.

You can always lower the price if it's not selling fast enough.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's super subjective.

I figured as much.  xD

Check if there are other full sets like you're trying to sell. If not, consider prices on the individual items and multiply that by some amount.

Nobody else has a full set that I can find...  MP is acting weird lately and ignoring blatant names of items by bringing up 50 pages of what it thinks are keywords.

Although, I did find some individual pieces at around L$100 and the easier-to-find rare pieces around L$500.

How many items are in the set?

Consider how much money you spent in trying to get the set, but you can sell those other duplicates, so you don't need to recover any "losses" in your pricing.

You can always lower the price if it's not selling fast enough.

What I spent was close to region tier... But that was for every piece I have, not necessarily just the complete set.  Maybe somewhere below that, and I can do some consideration for what I did already see on the MP.

Otherwise, true, true. 

This gives me a better idea, thank you very much!  :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.