Marketplace advertisement

Jasmina Weezles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

None of my 35  ads (manage Subscriptions) are displayed on MP. They take money but my ads do not show up. It has been going more than a few days, and I m losing money because I don't sell. Do I have to cancel all ads? Also, Marketplace searches show unexpected behavior. How can this be called an improvement? MP is broken. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

I mentioned this in another thread, but I just noticed this thread as well. This should be fixed, if you are still having this problem with your ads not showing up, please update your ticket so the agent working it is aware. We will get this resolved.

1 hour ago, Tommy Linden said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I just noticed this thread as well. This should be fixed, if you are still having this problem with your ads not showing up, please update your ticket so the agent working it is aware. We will get this resolved.

dear tommy linden, what about the rest of the marketplace's problems? nobody give us an answer, and all customers and merchants are confused, in fact the problem still the same of last month, but now is one week that goes on, thank you

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, SerArthur56 said:

dear tommy linden, what about the rest of the marketplace's problems? nobody give us an answer, and all customers and merchants are confused, in fact the problem still the same of last month, but now is one week that goes on, thank you

Unfortunately I don't have all the answers that you are seeking at this time. I can say we did make some changes to search as we announced in our blog post, so the changes in how search functions, are intended, which can be read here: 

However in addition, we have been collecting feedback via Support tickets and JIRAs that have been submitted, and of course the forum posts. I know we have fixed some bugs along the way, such as the subscriptions being mentioned in this thread, though it sounds like there might still be some issues with that, which I will make sure its looked at.

Jasmina Weezles if you haven't already, please make sure you send in a support ticket, it is much appreciated.

• Thanks 2

@Tommy Linden I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask for more considerations to the marketplace changes, but here goes:
Marketplace Search has been giving me poor results also.  I’d like it if there was some way for Search to consider giving the users an option to “Consider using Favourites including Favourite Stores” before delivering Search results which seem to be delivering some bizarre results which (must be returned in error) have no relation to what I’m searching for.

also, is there a way to offer an option to “lock” things like Permissions or Price Range when changing the Search terms which return unexpected results?

Edited by BJoyful

• Administrators
16 hours ago, BJoyful said:

@Tommy Linden I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask for more considerations to the marketplace changes, but here goes:
Marketplace Search has been giving me poor results also.  I’d like it if there was some way for Search to consider giving the users an option to “Consider using Favourites including Favourite Stores” before delivering Search results which seem to be delivering some bizarre results which (must be returned in error) have no relation to what I’m searching for.

also, is there a way to offer an option to “lock” things like Permissions or Price Range when changing the Search terms which return unexpected results?

You can absoluately ask for more considerations but the best place would be to submit a feature request through jira since I know the team that works on marketplace goes through those on a regular basis.

• Thanks 2

@Tommy LindenI hope you're reading the MP posts that are everywhere on these forums.  

I'm not sure if LL realizes that not a lot of people even bother reading their blog posts.  I've had to tell numerous people inworld to include the quotation marks when searching.   How many people will just get fed up with not finding ANYTHING relevant when they search and not buy.  This is hurting LL's bottom line but more importantly, it's hurting your merchants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

I can say we did make some changes to search as we announced in our blog post, so the changes in how search functions, are intended, which can be read here: 

This part of your answer is very confusing. If people are saying "search is not working", or "search comes back with wrong results", perhaps that is not actually what was intended?

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

@Tommy LindenI hope you're reading the MP posts that are everywhere on these forums.  

I'm not sure if LL realizes that not a lot of people even bother reading their blog posts.  I've had to tell numerous people inworld to include the quotation marks when searching.   How many people will just get fed up with not finding ANYTHING relevant when they search and not buy.  This is hurting LL's bottom line but more importantly, it's hurting your merchants.

If most of the problem is that people are not using quotation marks while searching, that explains a lot!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

It's worth noting that using quotes is not the same as searching for all of your search terms.

When you search for something in quotes, you're getting results that have that same sequence of words.

For example, "baby boom" gives very different results from "boom baby". Searching for boom AND baby does a search for both terms, in any order.

• 4 weeks later...

dear @Tommy Linden we send Tickets (you know the answer: we should open Jira (we did and some  like open Tickets  closed without any info from Team), we should go inworld in MP Group/Meeting, we should wait with patience cause no Eta and and ... ) and then again the Answer: send Tickets .... 🤔

We did all, but for what? 6 day of April comes an Update, fine!. We are waiting near 5 weeks now and sorry but the Problem is not only that we must handle with this Mess, the Problem is and was that none was willing to share anything from the Team with us and showing us that we are not alone and got help on any ways. We got some Infos in Tickets "sorry but do this or that..." and that was all

I checked today my Store / MP again and see the oldest seasonal Stuff I made loooooooooong time ago. None will see it, need it or buy it and from the small Sales we have, the MP get the Charges. The Top Selling List from Merchant Point is missing 5 weeks now and all Listing mixing wrong! But hopefuly the SL Mobile as new Part of Linden will run soon ... !!!!!

CJ Creations March-31 Store under Relevance.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.