Curious on Reseller of Gacha-Like Items Opinions, Please :)

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

OMG, I willingly spent close to region tier getting a whole set of something, LOL... But now I want to resell it.  :)  Individual components and one complete set...

The individual parts seem easy to figure out as far as pricing goes, I can just look up what others are selling them for on MP, remember what I paid to get each item, and then I can make a fair enough judgment call.

However, the complete set I wanna resell is what's throwing me for a loop, as I've never actually resold a complete set before... 

My first important question is: In general, what do you gacha-like item resellers use for guidelines as to how to figure out your complete set price?

...I should also say that I did open up some items to try them on... But it's not necessarily like RL collectibles, where the value plummets when the item has been opened, right?  Or is it?  IDK.  In theory, I could make the complete set be all the opened boxes and include the original boxes, just in case someone wants them... or is that cheesy?  Or is it maybe better to just sell the complete set with: the 3 irreplaceable ones that I opened, and then everything else in the set of 14 unopened, and mix other open ones from the set into my individual listings (and, of course, specify that I've opened them)?

I seriously don't know the best way to do all this & would appreciate any advice ...thanks for cluing me in!  :D 

I don't sell full sets, so I can't answer that. I can answer questions about unboxing.

For the marketplace, if you don't need to open a box, it's best not to open the box. There's a chance that you'll lose bits of a complicated item or that mod items could have been altered. Inworld is more complicated. Wearables are usually best in the box, but decor can benefit from being unboxed and put out on display.

Let people know if that item is not in the original box in the listing (if it was never boxed, that's fine, no need to mention that). Leave the things you haven't unboxed in their boxes. Whether you include empty original boxes or not... it's unlikely to matter. An empty box would have to be very special to be kept.

• Like 2

I don't know if folks CARE about the unboxing. I don't as long as you get the item LOL.  If you have items that aren't boxed you could say "unboxed" in the description in case someone cares. There are TIMES when rezzing an item will make it no transfers (meaning no mod, no copy, no transfer in most cases) so that is a risk. Likely nothing to do with clothes however.

What you run into (especially at the Arcade) is that creators are ALSO selling the full set. I am pretty sure those are COPY and not transfer so anyone these days that wants the full set likely will buy the copy version.   Honestly when I look at the prices of gacha type items they are often all over the map. The more you charge the longer you will wait to sell (or ever sell in some cases). It all depends on supply and demand. 

Playing any machine "forever" is NOT a smart thing to do. You will most likely lose money.  That gambling addition thing was one reason the TOS was changed -- not the primary of course which was about laws and repercussions.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I don't sell full sets, so I can't answer that. I can answer questions about unboxing.

That's okay, I certainly appreciate your response  :) 

For the marketplace, if you don't need to open a box, it's best not to open the box. There's a chance that you'll lose bits of a complicated item or that mod items could have been altered. Inworld is more complicated. Wearables are usually best in the box, but decor can benefit from being unboxed and put out on display.

I see.  This makes sense!  Thanks!  :) ...What I have are wearables, but they are no mod.  So I guess it's not TOO much of a big deal.

Let people know if that item is not in the original box in the listing (if it was never boxed, that's fine, no need to mention that). Leave the things you haven't unboxed in their boxes. Whether you include empty original boxes or not... it's unlikely to matter. An empty box would have to be very special to be kept.

Cool beans!  Thanks so much!  :D

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I don't know if folks CARE about the unboxing. I don't as long as you get the item LOL.  If you have items that aren't boxed you could say "unboxed" in the description in case someone cares. There are TIMES when rezzing an item will make it no transfers (meaning no mod, no copy, no transfer in most cases) so that is a risk. Likely nothing to do with clothes however.

I kinda feel the same, LOL!  Cool!  "Unboxed" will go in the description, then. :)  Good to know about the permissions and if it's a wearable or rezable as to why boxes would be important.  Thank you for explaining that too!

What you run into (especially at the Arcade) is that creators are ALSO selling the full set. I am pretty sure those are COPY and not transfer so anyone these days that wants the full set likely will buy the copy version.   Honestly when I look at the prices of gacha type items they are often all over the map. The more you charge the longer you will wait to sell (or ever sell in some cases). It all depends on supply and demand. 

I see!  These are no copy and no mod wearables, so I think I'm in a bit of luck. 

Your last note is helpful in determining price too.  I guess I could start somewhere and if it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time, I could reconsider.  Thank you!  :) 

Playing any machine "forever" is NOT a smart thing to do. You will most likely lose money.  That gambling addition thing was one reason the TOS was changed -- not the primary of course which was about laws and repercussions.  

Yes!  I know, LOL!  Believe me!  I was actually in on that part of the forum as a bit disappointed with the TOS change.  xD

How this specifically happened to me was: I really wanted a specific item for myself, and didn't mind the other pieces (because they're actually all very nicely made)... But the script in this "not-gacha" only cycled ONCE an hour, which I found extremely annoying, even with my alt hovering over it (also thanks go to my ISP for all the connectivity issues, adding a bit of stress to that, kinda forcing me to push it, LOL)...  Plus, yeah, luck gave me all the other pieces, before the one I wanted more than anything... And then after trying all of them on, I actually found that I love the way a more common piece looks on me, especially, better than the one I held out for! xD ...The only thing I think I might have done wrong is not following the "no demo, no sale" rule of thumb, but, I kinda feel like it was worth it because I've never seen anything look as gorgeous as this in all my years and travels 💜 ...So, yeah, after all that, I figure it wouldn't hurt to see if I could resell it to maybe help others out who might find themselves in a similar situation + it would be nice to possibly recoup some L$...  I'm thinking that maybe a complete set would be better to resell than just the individual pieces, hopefully, but we'll see!  

Thanks for all your advice too!  :) 

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.