Script to detach ALL Huds from screen in one go

Amy Nostram

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am on Firestorm. I use the appearance button to change my looks. Sometimes I add a HUD in one or more options of my "outfit" so I can choose f.e. the colour of the outfit. 

It happens that I add several separate "outfits" to create 1 look. And that may result in multiple Huds being attached in that way. Instead of detaching/closing them all individually I would love to have a script that closes them all in 1 go. 

So what I am looking for is a script (or other option) to detach all Huds from my avatar.

Or to have a menu-option like this: Firestorm menu: Avatar/Take Off/HUD/all items.

(I know I can hide all the HUDs but that is not what I am looking for)

Who can help me with this? Love to hear!

Thank you and warm regards

Amy

Edited by Amy Nostram

3 hours ago, Amy Nostram said:

Hello,

I am on Firestorm. I use the appearance button to change my looks. Sometimes I add a HUD in one or more options of my "outfit" so I can choose f.e. the colour of the outfit. 

I don't know of such a script, but this is what I do ..

In the folder of the clothing item I may want alternative colours of I create a new folder. Copy the clothing item into that folder and then set the colour I want, renaming the folder accordingly. I repeat this for any alternatives. No further need for the HUD unless I want to repeat the process for a new colour/pattern.

Then, when wearing an outfit the colours are already what I want and the outfit includes the colour in its name for easy selection. 

Hello Candy,

Thank you for your response, I used to do it the same way. But I now have HUDs that offer over 20 colour options. So this is not really an option anymore.

I filed a Jira with Firestorm to add to the mainmenu Avatar/Take off/HUD/all HUDs. 

I hope they will consider this, since it would be a perfect solution.

If you have RLV on, you could try a script like:

{
    attach(key ID)
    {   if(ID)
        {   llOwnerSay("@detach:Center=force,detach:Center 2=force,detach:Top Right=force,detach:Top Center=force,detach:Top Left=force,detach:Bottom Left=force,detach:Bottom=force,detach:Bottom Right=force");
            llOwnerSay("@detachme=force"); // simpler than requesting permissions.
        }
    }
}

• Thanks 1

The No RLV option.   Won't work if RLV is on and a thing is locked on to a HUD point.  Won't actually remove the HUDs, just hides them.

Show HUD attachments -  ALT+SHIFT+H      on firestorm top menu / avatar

But Yup to the RLV method.    Is very useful if you have other locks to override the mass detach.    Can segment the HUD's based on function.  So can do stuff like leave the body, head,  some animation player HUD's on, while batch removing assorted texture huds.   

Locker System // HUD removal function

Edited by KathrynLisbeth

21 hours ago, Amy Nostram said:

Would there be an option like this without having to turn RLVa on?

Not unless you can add extra scripts to your HUDS (unlikely for most) or your viewer supports some kind of client side scripting (the only full featured viewer I know of that does is Cool VL viewer)

• Thanks 1

Lol....I came here as a last resource, I do appreciate your thoughts 🙂

One item of the easy-dress appearance menu holds all the HUD's, so I can add those with 1 click, and detach them with 1 click only as well. 

Also the avatar/take off/hud works ok-ish. An "all huds" option would even make things better.

Or the possibility of a script *chuckles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.