i cant update my credit card info

Tapiyok Qunhua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

To anyone that can help..i have been trying for months to update my credit card info ... i have put in 3 or four tickets and spent loads of money calling from france to the us billing dept to sort this out to no avail .... ive been asked to check with my bank there is no hold on linden labs which there isnt.... there are more than sufficient funds ... the sl website just wont update my card and noone is helping at all ..ive asked them to update it manually and they refuse ...i have asked to speak to a manager and have been told there are none .... i get the standard apology and told to put in a ticket... the last ticket a month or two ago says we are aware of this problem and it should be fixed - well it bloody isnt ... ive had to resort to using pay pal over past few months as lindens not helpful but now because tiers over a certain amount pay pal wont let me increase the authority supposedly in interest of my protection as overseas account asking for usd amount ... now i need to ask bank to let paypal access account but that takes 10 days and if it doesnt work im blocked permanently out of sl for something ridiculous as not being able to update credit card !! its incredible i have had so much problems trying to pay someone ! now i am blocked out of my account and need to use my alt to post this - amazing ! also ive been told to put in a ticket but as my account is blocked i cant see the answer - its a nightmare !!!!  can anyone help ?? ......i have two businesses running amok now as cant log, cant build, cant access notes or ims from clients ... if anyone in accounts reads this please contact me by email but quickly because this accounts tiers is up soon and will be blocked also .. ps ive also tried to update on firefox and ie to no avail ....

2 answers to this question

You're not likely to get any Linden Lab support by posting your problem here.  We, just like you, are Second Life residents and have no way of giving you what you are asking for..........we can't resolve your problems because we simply don't have the authority (no more authority than you have).

What we can do is offer suggestions.  My suggestion is to contact your credit card provider.........I doubt the provider is your bank though your bank may be the issuer of your card.  The provider is some company such as Visa or Mastercard (two of the credit cards I know LL accepts).  I don't know what or how credit laws and policies are in France and, to be honest, I'm just a little knowledgable of credit laws and policies in the United States........enough to know that the issuer of a card may not necessarily be the provider.  I can have either a Mastercard or a Visa card issued to me by my bank..........but Mastercard and Visa are the credit providers, not my bank.  Also it appears that the problem you are experiencing is not limited to Second Life (Linden Lab).  The reason I say that is that there is apparently some cap on what PayPal will pay on your behalf.  Both LL and PayPal are American companies..........it may be a policy preventing you from being able to use either to the extent you want or need between US credit law/policy and French law/policy.  The provider of your credit card should be able to answer that for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.