MP Search Issue

HoneyLove004

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had this happen a couple times now and I dont know how to fix it. When in MP I do a specific search such as "reborn teacups nipple piercings", my results come back with over 10k results and pulling up every nipple piercing on MP. I dont know why it keeps doing this but its annoying! I have cleared every cache so thats not the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Same issue here. Searching for a single word works most the time but when searching like "maitreya jacket" or something I got over 10k results including everything from pants, dresses, furniture etc.

This is present for days now.

Edited by EniMausi

17 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Whats funny is the Grid Status page says there are no issues.  LL needs to get their act together.  

The blog post does say they want people to file jiras and/or report issues.  Not sure if anyone in any of the MP forum threads has done so.  

• Like 1

I filed a ticket and the response I got was this

"Thank you for contacting Second Life Support. We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Marketplace. We did recently make some updates, which we posted in a blog that you can read; Marketplace Search Updates.

As part of the changes to the way search works, in order to get an exact match you will need to put the search phrase in quotation marks. For example, if you are searching for a product called little red wagon, you will want to search for it as "little red wagon". You will find that this provides you with much better results."

So basically this is how the new search engine works and you have to get used to it, smh!

with that answer they clearly want to say that what is going on it s not an error, but they want the marketplace like this.......means that they will not fix nothing....nice job LL you are the only platform that instead to give better experience you give us old school search engine with quotes and operator, and make you customers and merchants unhappy....next improvement will be that if you want to search some item instead quote you must to use scripting language.......

• Like 1

I can't even find anything on the marketplace anymore. I type in the exact name of the item to search it and get 50 unrelated results BEFORE the item I specifically searched for. I've taken to using google's search function instead to search SL's marketplace. It's not great, but when I type in a store name and get unrelated items from 8 years ago as the first result, something is definitely wrong.

Edit: So a sort of work around is, say, you search something like "Maitreya Bathing Suit" it's going to act as if you searched Maitreya, Bathing, and suit separately and then combine all 3 into one search (which is why you will get bathing (tub) and suit (business) results along with clothes not even made for Maitreya. A work around is typing "Maitreya AND Bathing AND Suit" (all the AND's have to be capitalized for it to work.) it's still not great, and still lacks in functionality that the original search had, but at least I'm not getting bathtubs from 2016 anymore.

Edited by Diana Tyran
Only me and god know the reason for my edit and I forgot

On 3/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, SerArthur56 said:

LL you are the only platform that instead to give better experience you give us old school search engine with quotes and operator, and make you customers and merchants unhappy....next improvement will be that if you want to search some item instead quote you must to use scripting language.......

Totally agree …. and there is only so little to do for LL to make the search field user-friendly: All they need to do is to add a selection  [X] AND  [ ] OR  behind the search field, so most of the customers would understand how it works. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.