Price increase

Torrie Mint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's like I said earlier, and it bears repeating:  There is never going to be a time when any one option or even several options will please everyone.  We just have to live with what is out there,  if we don't want to pay 1000L or more for anything then simply don't do it.  If very few are paying that amount then those selling will certainly get the hint.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's not how it's being sold.  It's generally, at least in the ones I've purchased, between 250-400L for a fatpack for one body.  So, less than 1000L for 2 fatpacks for 2 bodies.  I almost always prefer a fatpack if I like more than one color OR it has patterns also.  I'd never pay 500L for one color items.

Depends on the store. I see plenty of 500L for the body pack around big monthly events where I usually shop at, which is exactly 1k for the two bodies. Would I consider a third body for some reason it would be 1.5k already.

As for how it's not being sold and to clear the confusion. Like I've said I don't need more colors than black, and very rarely white, with even more rare exception being denim. So for me the rest of the fatpack is a useless addon, which makes those body packs exactly ~500L$ for one color I'd actually use.

I rarely bought/buy fatpacks for exactly this reason with some exceptions here and there when singles aren't mod and fatpack are, and if I also knew/know I wanted to mod it, or when fatpack had/has some exclusive features (actual features and not just some extra colors) I'd want.

Edited by steeljane42

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That's nothing.  Recently I wanted to buy one color (just one body was fine) of just some pants and it would have cost me 1200 lindens.  I wrote a long semi- rant questioning the FATPACK idea. Here is a snippet from that post.

image.thumb.png.52ed8da87a015f5effe77c8ba2e5fbad.png

You could contact the creator and ask if they would sell you the one color.. 

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have noticed that for some creators, they only sell these huge megapacks at Events, but then afterwards, they sell everything individually or in smaller packs at the store.  Something to check anyway, if you really want the bottoms.

That may be but I have had many issues with that brand (never bought because of it) and so I am DONE  LOL.    But thanks for the thoughts.    They advertise things on the weekends that aren't actually the product on sale and some other earlier issues that I just blocked out. Enough is enough. Not like I really NEED more clothes :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2023 at 4:26 AM, Tazzie Tuque said:

Are fat packs really 1000L?  I haven't seen any that expensive for years!  Everything I make is in a fat pack and I have never charged more than 450 tops,  the usual price is around 350.  I price them that way so people can afford to get it all at a very fair price.  So I am not sure how I would handle switching to doing body specific items.

I was in C88 a few days ago. It is a sweater there that I love for it's simplicity. And it cover the stomach.

Fatpack with 10 colors: 1488 L, thank you. Obv I did not buy it, but I bought single for 188 because well, I don't like all the cropped underboob rubbish.

A matching skirt, 5 colors, 1188 L.

white sw.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

I wonder why creators who only make things for a few avatars, don't use that to their advantage, and advertise that, as their specialty. It would avoid a lot of confusion, and help us consumers to know where to go and where not to go.  I'm all for that. I am a speed shopper, and it would make it so much easier.  I  wouldn't visit stores that don't have anything that would fit my body. It's simple sounding to me.  Also much less work for the creators, as well. Just a thought. 

20 minutes ago, Santanna Surya said:

wonder why creators who only make things for a few avatars, don't use that to their advantage, and advertise that, as their specialty. It would avoid a lot of confusion, and help us consumers to know where to go and where not to go.  I'm all for that. I am a speed shopper, and it would make it so much easier.  I  wouldn't visit stores that don't have anything that would fit my body. It's simple sounding to me.  Also much less work for the creators, as well. Just a thought. 

I don't know if it would help with inworld stores,  but I do know that on MP,  if you specify in your key words the bodies you have for a certain item,  that helps if folks use their body type in search.  That way folks can use search to cut down on time looking for something in your body type.. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, Torrie Mint said:

I hate the way some of the stores are now separating the clothing into bodies. What I used to get for 350L now cost me 1000L. Thats like a 180% price hike.

I haven't noticed this, but I have noticed that many stores only sell individual colors, and the more interesting colors and patterns are only in the fatpack. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

I haven't noticed this, but I have noticed that many stores only sell individual colors, and the more interesting colors and patterns are only in the fatpack. 

Yes, I dislike that. And the fatpacks can be priced too high, when I will use only 2-3 of the options.

I am in a very conservative dressing mode now, unless I make some sci-fi or fantasy look. I dress in SL like I could in RL. But not like Wal-Mart. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

Me too! I have no idea why so much stuff is cropped underboob, ass crack exposed, nipples or butt cheeks. I just won't buy them. If it's for sex appeal, MOST PEOPLE DON'T FIND IT SEXY!!! Sorry for yelling....deep breaths. 

Don't blame you for yelling lol.  I feel the same way, that is why I prefer NOT to sell stuff like that.  I wouldn't wear it!  But it does sell I guess.  I have sold a few items that I was not all that happy about cause they do sell.  lord knows why though?  Lately I have been avoiding selling items like that cause it just feels yucky.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

I don't know. *looks around* Who said that?

They must be selling though if so many creators are making them. 

Honestly, I can find a lot of those things in full perm.. I think a lot less are making the mesh than we think and just texturing and selling from kits..  I can't tell you how many times I see the same mesh in different stores.. that's when I know there is a kit around somewhere.. hehehehe

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

They must be selling though if so many creators are making them. 

Sex sells, and all that .. 

It is a bit of a stereotype perhaps, but I have seen a lot of people wearing such apparel sitting around places trying to attract sugar daddies. Then there are all those pole dancers and streetwalkers, and let's not forget the flesh markets - gotta show off some flesh at the flesh market! 

I wouldn't try to chat up the type to date, personally, but there's no harm having a peek when the opportunity presents itself. Of course, most times I just get peeved by the gravity-defying balloon animal shapes they might have and add them to the ever-growing gallery of messed up avatars that my friends and I have a laugh at. Bonus points if the ears are full-bright or the materials of the head makes it look as though someone gave them a swirly in a bucket of French polish. Or a drain pipe neck. Or handlebar shoulders. Or a razorblade nose. Or a pinhead-head. Or T-rex arms. 

.. People-watching in SL can generate near-endless amounts of schadenfreude!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Sex sells, and all that .. 

It is a bit of a stereotype perhaps, but I have seen a lot of people wearing such apparel sitting around places trying to attract sugar daddies. Then there are all those pole dancers and streetwalkers, and let's not forget the flesh markets - gotta show off some flesh at the flesh market! 

I wouldn't try to chat up the type to date, personally, but there's no harm having a peek when the opportunity presents itself. Of course, most times I just get peeved by the gravity-defying balloon animal shapes they might have and add them to the ever-growing gallery of messed up avatars that my friends and I have a laugh at. Bonus points if the ears are full-bright or the materials of the head makes it look as though someone gave them a swirly in a bucket of French polish. Or a drain pipe neck. Or handlebar shoulders. Or a razorblade nose. Or a pinhead-head. Or T-rex arms. 

.. People-watching in SL can generate near-endless amounts of schadenfreude!

You know, I still feel bad about it 🤣. I know that doesn't make any sense because they probably have multiple avatars of all different shapes and can change how they look whenever they want. Dalm misplaced empathy ruining my fun.....pinheads (giggle snort)

Edited by SorachaNicEoghain
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orwar said:

gotta show off some flesh at the flesh market! 

What I find interesting is that most times, I'm covered up at the flesh markets yet get quite a few IMs complimenting my style.  It's easy to look "sexy" by showing all the goods.  It's more of a challenge to look sexy while keeping the mystery of what's underneath.  Quality men appreciate that. IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I find interesting is that most times, I'm covered up at the flesh markets yet get quite a few IMs complimenting my style.  It's easy to look "sexy" by showing all the goods.  It's more of a challenge to look sexy while keeping the mystery of what's underneath.  Quality men appreciate that. IMHO

There's a saying.. There is a difference between dressing sexy and being sexy..:D

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.